11-blade billet wheels?

Do these compressors operate more efficiently at high pressure ratios? I find little concern for the weight savings considering the turbine and shaft are much heavier. Also the said savings are near the center, reducing moment of inertia little.

They are lighter, but yes the majortiy of the mass is on the shaft itself and turbine wheel head.

We shipped out 10 of the ETR 76's and 80 combos for several customers on here, see some results posted soon enough.

I think it probably has to to with higher air flow at lower shaft speed rather than lower moment of inertia. I have ran gtx's in a few different applications, from what I have seen they just move more air per pound of boost compared to the more traditional designs. I am sure some of the more exotic billet wheels from precision, cds, harts, etc exude similar traits to the gtx style wheels....

That is correct.

The new gtx5533r 94mm flows 186lbs/min for comparrisons sake the the standard gt5541r 106mm flows 183lbs/min. And the gtx can support a much higher pressure ratio.

Well it was a pm but i see now that i guess it didnt send cuz its still a draft....oops...lol...resending

Sent with a Droid RAZR in one hand and 14,000 volts in the other.

I think it probably has to to with higher air flow at lower shaft speed rather than lower moment of inertia. I have ran gtx's in a few different applications, from what I have seen they just move more air per pound of boost compared to the more traditional designs. I am sure some of the more exotic billet wheels from precision, cds, harts, etc exude similar traits to the gtx style wheels....

That's what I like to hear. IMO the biggest purpose for a single charger on diesels is to support high pressure ratio efficiently and reliably.

That's what I like to hear. IMO the biggest purpose for a single charger on diesels is to support high pressure ratio efficiently and reliably.

The ETR and GTX's are meant for just that. Though in some applications conventional design might be just as good. It needs to be addressed as a case by case application. Any company that gives you blanket statement that the GTX or ETR will just demolish everything on any turbo is just trying to sell product. We test these things and know what they can do. Some of it works awesome, some doesn't.

They have a lot in common. The only problem I see with the gtx wheels is they are designed for a specific chra and there is no cross over to other brands and models. They wheels only come with a new chra, this can get expensive if you damage a wheel! Other than that they are the baddest production chargers availible at this time! The etr seems like a great option for an affordible high output journal bearing charger. I may go that route in the future just for the ease of repair! I bet an hx60 or a gt50 with a 3.0 wheel would make some hp!

Is it just me or do the ETR wheels have a lot in common with the GTX wheels?

Yup...that is what we designed them for. lol. Bring them to journal bearing units....not everyone has a gold tree in the backyard lol

So the ETR wheel is just a copy of the GTX wheel since Garrett refuses to sell just the wheel? Are ETR wheels available for gt4202?

So the ETR wheel is just a copy of the GTX wheel since Garrett refuses to sell just the wheel? Are ETR wheels available for gt4202?

Not an exact copy, as we made more changes to focus the product for our use. More agressive pitch, taller tip heights, smaller hub line, larger exducers....etc

The ETR and GTX's are meant for just that. Though in some applications conventional design might be just as good. It needs to be addressed as a case by case application. Any company that gives you blanket statement that the GTX or ETR will just demolish everything on any turbo is just trying to sell product. We test these things and know what they can do. Some of it works awesome, some doesn't.

Very true statement. On our Super Farm tractor the GTX cant touch the 6 and 7 blade turbos we have been using. The Precision 7 blade turbe is about 20 hp better then the GTX and the new 6 blade we just got was 40 more hp better then the PTE. But in the truck stuff the 11 blades are kicking some butt.

I'm happy with the HPX I have, it lit very easy for its size and carried very good rpm down track. Some minor changes and we shall see what it does on a much tighter track

Back