Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Oh right, vgt. I used to have a 3406e that would run 23psi with the Jakes on and throw overboost codes lol. Didn't put one set of brakes on that truck in 3 years though.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

I want to find out if there's a fuel temp resistor mod I can do like you can with the c15

Dunno, I haven't looked into it on the isx. I'm leasing a truck right now from a friend of mine right now, its a 99 c-15 and we put the 6999 trim codes and the resistor in the fuel temp wire and it really runs now.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Cat is the only one that is capable of modification, I don't think Detroit or cummins take fuel temp into account.

i talked with pius today about the turbo. the ex wheel it to small and doesnt make enought torque to spin the bigger 4c wheel.. it has a single entry 26cm housing on it now so a smaller one would not do much good.. it has broken in more today also, makes 3psi jaking now and spools a bit easier.. makes really good power and controls egts under higher rpm just isnt great down below 1500 or so(sucks cause high gear at 65mph is 1400rpm).. pulls it but not great.. you spin it up and it pulls great..
i ran in(pp box) 2 loaded down today, i left the average mileage running since yesterday.. so when i got down to fresno it was at 7.10 and ran 5 all the way home.. pretty much rips like that to the point that i couldnt imagine having all that power be usuable.. got home and its at 7.68mph for the last 900 miles.. its up about .45 from the previous 2000 miles before the box and turbo.. tomorrow im ordering the 4c/b hybrid that pius says hes built for the cummins before that at up 650hp could be pulled all the way down to 1300rpm and never have heat problems.. anyone want a ht3b with a 4c comp wheel.lol

Last edited:
Ah of course. jake = air compressor. make boost more cylinder energy :nail:

Yes, Detroit Series60 DDEC fueling reads fuel temp sensor.

I've got a stock HT4c already. although that was on my 24v before lol.

no no my friend. you picked that up wrong.

I'm the tard...... I'm agreeing with you, how it works. I haven't worked on highway trucks in so long I forgot half the equation.

Nope, I don't need a hybrid, the ht4b I have will suffice. I actually thinking that since I can't find a usable housing for my ht80 the comp cover and wheel off of it are going on my ht4.

Cummins sells the turbo you need still, it's a HT4B with a small housing, that's what we use on our 855s and compared with the 26cm divided housing it is night an day. Around a grand out the door, or at least that is what KW priced on for me at.

Nope, I don't need a hybrid, the ht4b I have will suffice. I actually thinking that since I can't find a usable housing for my ht80 the comp cover and wheel off of it are going on my ht4.

Cummins sells the turbo you need still, it's a HT4B with a small housing, that's what we use on our 855s and compared with the 26cm divided housing it is night an day. Around a grand out the door, or at least that is what KW priced on for me at.
Can you get me a part number on the HT4B? Like to see how close the local Kenworth dealer is in price.

Can you get me a part number on the HT4B? Like to see how close the local Kenworth dealer is in price.

3523591, that price was from Kenworth of Chillicothe. I'm not sure what cummins would want for it. The one thing that I think might be off is that I was told there wasn't but about a $60 core charge for that turbo, that seems odd to me but I might be wrong.

couple of picts from that last couple days.
photobucket-14151-1332947894009.jpg

photobucket-12498-1332965599704.jpg

Last edited:
oh ya and my mileage is up to 7.85 now.. a full 1 mpg better than when i started driving the truck..
im going to check on the turbo part number tomorrow from cummins..

3523591, that price was from Kenworth of Chillicothe. I'm not sure what cummins would want for it. The one thing that I think might be off is that I was told there wasn't but about a $60 core charge for that turbo, that seems odd to me but I might be wrong.

Thanks! I figure it's worth a shot.

Back