Building traction bars.. Cat 1 or Stainless Heims

I have built probably 10 sets of bars using ruff stuffs brackets and Hiems. As a matter of fact the exact ones in the link above paired with 2 inch .25 wall DOM. I have yet to have a problem. One of the trucks is an 835 hp twin turbo 24v. All are on daily drivers.

I made all my mounts and such in house using 2" .250 wall DOM, and 1" Hiem's..I would stay away from those small cat1 joints, not saying you need 1" but the 3/4" hiem's will work good. I have the program drawn up and spare mounts if any of that will help you.

ahy9yde2.jpg

ypyjymeh.jpg

ejy9esa9.jpg

8upyvypy.jpg

vutetu4y.jpg

Thanks for the pictures! gives me some ideas for the brackets. I believe I'm going to offset my brackets so that the bars are inline with the springs.

I orderd the 7/8"x7/8" Rod End Set with the 7/8"-3/4" Misalignment spacers. The main reason I went with Ruff Stuff is because I wanted the Hex tube adapters. Ballistic fab didnt have the size that fit.

Does anyone know where I can get some 17" long U bolts for the rear end? The stocker bolts are too short to use with my traction bar mount at the axle.

I'll look it up, there is a company that does kits for traction bars for 12v trucks with a u bolt kit as well? If I remember correctly... lemme try to find it, I might be mis-remembering

Sent from phone

DP MotorSports 1994-2012 Dodge Rear Traction Bars

There is a u bolt flip kit in there... is that what you're looking for?

Sent from phone

Na, I made my brackets like MufflerBearing did in the above pictures, so my stock U-Bolts don't have enough thread on them. I believe the stock U-bolts on my truck with the factory overload springs are 15" and I need the 17" U-Bolts.

QScomponents.com
Is where I get my Heims.

I've got everything all I need to do is weld it all up. :Cheer:

Another question before I order some U-bolts...

Has anyone had any luck welding tabs to the U-bolt plate on the bottom of the axle??? It doesn't appear to be cast. That would make my life alot easier if I could just pull them off and weld straight to them.

Back