TS MVP...... First impressions

Timbeaux

Administrator and Head Thread Derailer
So I was able to get ahold of a TS MVP box to play with for a bit after chatting it up with Dennis Last weekend. For those of you that don't know, TS has not abandoned us 24v guys. They have been developing the box for quite some time for the crowd that does not want to tap the wire, but wants more power than the conventional plug-n-play boxes offer. Installation was a snap, It was in in less than 15 minutes.

I previously ran a Bluechip FMS with a VA V5 for timing. The combo worked pretty well, and of all the other timing boxes I have run with the FMS the VA seemed to provide the biggest kick in the pants down low. Not that I did not believe that the MVP was going to work, but as I tend to be with 24v parts, I was not expecting crazy results from "another timing box."

I was wrong.

This thing hits harder down low than any other timing box I have ever used. It is verrrrry smooth all the way through the RPM band, and does not feel spiky nor does it feel good on the bottom and then fade. It pulls......hard......all the way through the RPM band. I first ran the truck with the MVP only. Did I mention it is adjustable? TS has either a 3 position switch or an infinitely adjustable knob like the MP8. I went with the knob because I tend to "fine tune" stuff. LOL Anyway, with the MPV at 50%, it felt like it was pulling as hard as the VA. The truck was also noticeably cleaner......even off idle. Then I turned it all the way up and was not prepared for the results. It was pulling like I had the FMS on 20%, but the FMS was off. After blasting around town for a bit and calling Dennis to report my results, I informed him that I was not sure about flipping the FMS on LOL he told me to go ahead and throw the fuel to it, so I did and let me just say that even at 31% on the FMS, you better have the truck pointed straight. It hit harder down low than the truck ever has. EGT's were down, and once the charger was up, it was cleaner to boot. I was unable to get in some full-blown "hold my beer" hits, but I plan on sneaking up to Steele for test-n-tune Sunday to get in a lap or two. :woohoo:

I am very impressed with this box. It definitely woke the truck up more than I expected, and the truck just runs like a raped ape now. For anyone running a fuel-only box like the FMS or TST, the MVP should be on your "economic stimulus check" wish list. It impressed the poo out of me. I may try to dyno it back 2 back with the VA at the Comp D race in a few weeks on Dunbar's dyno so we can get some numbers up for everyone.

Flexplate for dinner Saturday? LOL, sounds good. Will you run these from a dead stop and then boosted?

Dunno How I'll do it yet. I guess I'll figure it out when I light the top bulb LOL

wow, hadn't even heard of them working on anything. would love to try it with my redline to replace the dummy i have now.

is it available to the public yet? if not how can I get one for testing :D

That's awesome. Glad to know Quad isn't the only one that hasn't forgotten you relics:D

Slinks off to dyno his ancient P-7100

wow, hadn't even heard of them working on anything. would love to try it with my redline to replace the dummy i have now.

is it available to the public yet? if not how can I get one for testing :D

They have been working on them for several months. They wanted to get it right before the public release. They are in production now, and it should be available very soon .

Is this a timing only box? I'm changing my vp right now and I don't want to tap the wire until the warranty runs out. I definitly may be interested. The thought of my drag comp with the wire untapped is driving me nuts.

I am a novice when it comes to the 24V VP44. What is the wire tap? What exactly does this mean? What does it do? Why does it hurt the pump?

the wire tap on the vp44 increases the voltage to the pump which means more fuel. the wire tap comes from a box like a comp or a fueling box of some sort and pierces one of the wires on the pump. does it hurt the pump? well some say it does and some say it dont. it aint hurt mine so i say it dont. if you have a already week vp it could die soon after the wire is tapped.

this info should be right but if i missed somehting correct me.

The wire tap holds the fuel solenoid open longer that increases the fuel. It is undetermined whether or not it hurts the pump, but it does void the warranty on the pump.

maybe dennis or shiela can chime in with the projected price of this box...I would be very interested in adding one to my truck to compliment the redline!

Is this a timing only box? I'm changing my vp right now and I don't want to tap the wire until the warranty runs out. I definitly may be interested. The thought of my drag comp with the wire untapped is driving me nuts.

Yes. It taps into the MAP and the CAN....no wire tap.

what kind of a price range will this box be in ?

I would assume it would run about what an MP-8 does, but that is just a guess

maybe dennis or shiela can chime in with the projected price of this box...I would be very interested in adding one to my truck to compliment the redline!
I think you will like it TJ. I drove around some this afternoon (couldnt go to the strip....it is my anniversary :doh:) and like it more every time I drive it.

any info on pricing yet? i knew i should have talked to dennis when i was at the event...maybe he woulda hooked me up with a good deal!

the box

the best 24v box ever. no tapped wires. no codes for timmimg problems. plus it flows way more fuel.

Attachments

• 0508082002.jpg
    0508082002.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 73
Back