Whats your water/meth hp increase?

i believe snow has a warning about that somewhere in the instructions but depending on the ratio i think i read the meth can actually pre ignite before it gets to the cylinder because when u get the truck loaded up your egt's go up so the temp of your air going to your intercooler goes up and can cause it to lite. It might be ok with just water but idk i have never tried it and i dont recomend it.

You're right, it says not to add more than 50/50 w/m and do not add timing with w/m.

The only place to add it is after the intercooler, according to snow performance, they won't warranty it if you have it pre intercooler.

Why would you tell your water injection manufacturer that your intercooler broke? :poke:
How would you break your intercooler from injecting water mist into it? :poke:

The worst that can happen injecting pre-intercooler is condensation and pooling of the water, bad for the engine if it gets sucked up but nothing else.

Hmm, how many guys do have dyno verified numbers?

Couple years ago, 68HP on an unloaded dyno at ~5500' DA - with straight HOSE WATER... overfueled CR with twin everything, testing a highly modified intake & head (12-IR) using a dozen nozzles off a single 150psi pump.
Probably just dribbling through the orifices! :hehe:
Last run of the day, so Major Heat-soak was in the house...
Who says that NA intake design (pulse tuning, charge suspension, laminar flow, plenum volume, CSA/boundary layer ratio, etc.) doesn't matter in high-boost mills? ;)

i believe snow has a warning about that somewhere in the instructions but depending on the ratio i think i read the meth can actually pre ignite before it gets to the cylinder because when u get the truck loaded up your egt's go up so the temp of your air going to your intercooler goes up and can cause it to lite. It might be ok with just water but idk i have never tried it and i dont recomend it.

Not really - methanol's auto-ignition temperature is almost 900*F (never saw compressor discharge temp over 600*F), and it's explosive range in dry air is ~5-35%.
Mix outside the critical range or add water and it's not likely.

o and in the middle of twins i would imagine it would be even worse.

Actually, it works great as a chemical IC for twins.
Highest HP CR in TX got there with the help of a couple nozzles in between compressors a couple years back. :thankyou2:

You're right, it says not to add more than 50/50 w/m and do not add timing with w/m.

Pull ~4* timing for a 50/50 mix; 70% load should be at least 5*

if you add it pre turbo you'll have issues with compressor wheel erosion.

No, compressors ingest high humidity very well -no durability concerns with modern wheels.
Axial-mounted nozzles at correct distance & fan angle work best, but fogging upstream is decent 2nd choice.

Injection increases charge viscosity, which reduces compressor pumping losses, and centrifugal force causes liquid molecule migration along the blades to improve tip sealing. Win-Win :Cheer:

chvyrkr...more volume of air equals more power, not more boost... if your running an hx 35 and pushing it to 50 psi and u throw a 66 on and your pushing it to 40 psi you dropped boost but i almost promise you gained power, because your cfm went up, your boost went down but your flowing more. kinda off topic but i wanted to clear the issue up

chvyrkr...more volume of air equals more power, not more boost... if your running an hx 35 and pushing it to 50 psi and u throw a 66 on and your pushing it to 40 psi you dropped boost but i almost promise you gained power, because your cfm went up, your boost went down but your flowing more. kinda off topic but i wanted to clear the issue up

Yes, I understand that.

"The dyno says otherwise" was meant in response to the idea that W/M increases HP on underfueled trucks.

Not really - methanol's auto-ignition temperature is almost 900*F (never saw compressor discharge temp over 600*F), and it's explosive range in dry air is ~5-35%.
Mix outside the critical range or add water and it's not likely.

Methanol is also hygroscopic which suppresses combustion. Thats why everyone says never to go higher than 50%, more means raw methanol in the mix and detonation in the cylinder before combustion. The heat of combustion vaporizes the mix and separates the two molecules, like NOS, then the methanol burns and adds power.

The reason it add more power to rich combustion than proper combustion is you're increasing the air density when the mix absorbs heat evaporating. That extra diesel burning makes more power than the methanol alone does in a clean running engine.

Injecting 420cc/min produced 5hp at the wheels for my 3.0L engine with no smoke.

No dyno numbers, but my overfuled hx35 with a 50/50 boost juice/H2O mix will keep my temps under 1300 in the 1/4. Not a big power difference, but you know its doing something. 2x 625's, at least a 300 drop in egt's.

Back