Hand Throttle

cumminspuller

diesel junky
What kind of cable do some of you use for a hand throttle in a pull truck? May be puttin one in my truck and in a friends pull truck.

We use a push pull type cable so if the throttle stick you can pull it back alot of org, requir a pushpull.

Dale

The push pull cables I have been using don't have any play them.I have eimjoints on mine also.

Dale

My big question is why hand throttle? Your foot should be quicker to let off then the hand. Foot throttle is why more natural Plus If you brake something in the driveline Rpms go through the roof your foot reaction time quicker. Isn't it????

My big question is why hand throttle? Your foot should be quicker to let off then the hand. Foot throttle is why more natural Plus If you brake something in the driveline Rpms go through the roof your foot reaction time quicker. Isn't it????

That maybe the case with the reaction time, but have the truck start bouncing and see how good your foot can control it then. It's a lot easier with the hand throttle at that point. You can moderate the throttle by hand better then with your foot.

Ok I can agree with that. Other than that whats the big avantage? I've never had a bounce problem with either of my trucks.

I read an article somewhere with a guy that had a hand throttle in his truck and he said that he could feel if there was something not quite right with the truck better in a hand throttle than he could with his foot. That may have something to do with it. $.02

The other reason is when you start running 7000 rpm govenors they tend to fight back at you and you more leverage (control) with a hand throttle.

We push our hand throtle to give fuel in a lot of rules I have read have stated when throttle is releasted most return in the most rearward pos.this is the way all modifide tractor and minirods are.

that is good that way if a seat brakes you not pulling the throttle open when your falling backwards.

You do have a better feel with the hand throttle when running a ag gov.
Dale

My big question is why hand throttle?

I heard it was due to the amount of force it takes to move the lever with an Ag. governor. It's not as easy as the automotive governor to move it unless you have a seriously strong cable and foot. There seems to be more overall control with the hand throttle in the Ag. governor application.

Joe

Back