Hand Throttle

Thanks for all the input guys. I hadn't thought bout tryin to make it out of solid linkages but am going to look into that. May have a hand throttle this next year.

I will try and snap you some pics of ours after we get the truck unloaded this afternoon. Its just reagular ole throttle cable basically not sure were Chris got the actual handle portion of the set up.

BBD

Coleman machine made the hand throttle setup that is on Scott's truck. it is in their catalog either floor mounted or flange mounted like on Scott"s truck.

Thanks Chris, sorry for the delay on the pics:

Ad_242_1.jpg

Ad_242_4.jpg

Ad_242_3.jpg

Ad_242_2.jpg

BBD

That looks like a Holley manual choke cable, those will work for a push pull. And they are cheap too boot.

So an AG gov makes the throttle harder to move? :bang Dang it, the little goldfinger snowmobile throttle I mounted on the steering wheel isn't going to work... :hehe:

Attachments

• lefty.jpg
    lefty.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 45
Thanks for the pics BBD. Thats a big help. I think we figured out today that at least one of the trucks is going to have ag gov. next year. Will be my buddys truck though instead of mine. So this will be a big help. After this week I'll probly try to get the stuff together for one. Looks like a good set up.

mine are fuel, fuel dump valve, and air guilitine.

BBD

That is what ours are also.The one clasest to the seat is injectionpump fuelshut off the middle one id air guilitine and 3rd is fuel return shutoff.When the cable is pulled in the rear of the truck it pulls all the 3 levers.We put a pin through all 3 of them If we don't use the pin it will only pull the air guilitine.

BBD I had to have my same schoulder cut on again 3weeks ago off for 8 more weeks.this year realy suck for the pocket book the last time was 3 months,6weeks latter all over again this time they add to cut a he--of alot more pain this time.

We are getting the 2wd frame move out of the trailer to the garage this week end.And I got a junk block given to me so I can start makeing the model for the twin overhead cam head for my motor.

Dale

BBD I had to have my same schoulder cut on again 3weeks ago off for 8 more weeks.this year realy suck for the pocket book the last time was 3 months,6weeks latter all over again this time they add to cut a he--of alot more pain this time.
Dale

Damn that sucks, what happen did the doctor miss something? you should get some sort of warranty :) hopefully you recover 100% this time around.

BBD

035.jpg

037.jpg

We use the sleaved push pull cables with eimjoints.

The first time was a 4" long 1/4 thick bonespur that was pushing and rubbing on my rotator colf? the doc, ground that off and seporated my schoulder joint and scraped all the orthritus out of the joint that was done orthoscopic. This one they had to cut a 3"long cut and cut off 1 1/8 off of my upper schoulder bone every time I would raise my arm out to the side and up it would pop and grind it felt like some one was sticking me with a icepick.This one hurts a hell of alot more than the first one.going back to the Doc, tomorrow. 4week today I have been off. atleast 4 moreweek left to go.The just keep asking if I need any more oxy:bow:The MRI didn't show the second one showed up on one Xray though.

Dale

Thanks for the pics Dale. Those will help out I'm sure. i haven't gotten a chance to work on the truck in the past few days. Had to work a little this weekend an my best friends little sister got married saturday evening. I'm goin to look some more at work tomorrow and see wat i can find as far as cables and brackets and stuff. I hope everything goes good at the doc tomorrow for you.

Back