Installed my Flashtech HIDS last night.

haloman

I have been wanting a set of HIDs bulbs for truck for quite some time now. I never had any problems with my LMC harness and Silverstar bulbs and realyl enjoyed the light. But I wanted more. Of Course right? My first option was Ebay and the kit from Flashplus:

http://myworld.ebay.com/flashplus/ 94.99 not a bad price but I was worried about dealing with Ebay and any possible warranty issues.

So I went with a Flashtech Kit. They are actually sold by several site sponsors and have a lifetime warranty. I got mine (9004 Hi/Low 6000k kit) directly from the supplier. They were more expensive than the ebay option but having a lifetime warranty and being able to talk to american people to deal with warranty issues made it worth it for me. The Light output is incredible and the kit is easy to install. No pictures yet as it was dark last night when we put them in. I would reccomend that kit to anyone looking for the most extreme amount of light output.

How'd the install go? Pretty staight forward? I've been contimplating HID's for awhile now...just wasn't sure with who's kit to buy.

subscribing... what did the complete conversion cost you? I would like more light also, but could I get my fog lights to match?

Lavon

How'd the install go? Pretty staight forward? I've been contimplating HID's for awhile now...just wasn't sure with who's kit to buy.

subscribing... what did the complete conversion cost you? I would like more light also, but could I get my fog lights to match?

Lavon

Install was straight forward. I removed my housings to make it easier. There are a power wire and two grounds. Run the harness over the radiator. I mounted the ballasts on the battery boxes on each side and installed the HIDs in the housings. It took a total of about 2 hours taking me time in the dark last night. They are truly plug and play. I am not so sure I can post the price I paid. Pure Diesel Power and Dfuser both sell them. As well as a guy that is local to me.

Lavon, He does sell the fog lights also but after installing this kit into my aftermarket housings I wont need fogs at the same time as the headlights. The light is just that much better IMHO.

Here is the web site they came from. It isnt the best site but it gives you an idea.

http://www.headlightsupercenter.com/osc/

Google "Flashtech HIDs'' and there will be some threads pop up about other installs.

I ordered 4 sets of these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...20305761868&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123

Should be here tomorrow or Monday...
I got 12k's for the CR truck (fogs and low beams)
4300k's for my lil DD car.
6000k's for the bike.

I've had a couple of friends that have run this kit from this guy and the all like them. If They are as good as I'm hoping, I'll put a set in the '00 and the '95 as well.
I'll post up pics when I get them put in...

The other thing is that the 6000k from Flashtech is almost all white with very very little blue. The 4300k has more yellow in it.

I ordered 4 sets of these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...20305761868&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123

Should be here tomorrow or Monday...
I got 12k's for the CR truck (fogs and low beams)
4300k's for my lil DD car.
6000k's for the bike.

I've had a couple of friends that have run this kit from this guy and the all like them. If They are as good as I'm hoping, I'll put a set in the '00 and the '95 as well.
I'll post up pics when I get them put in...

I saw those in my search. Looked very tempting. Please give a full report.

I went with the 4300k for the car just because I wanted the brightest lights...

12000k's will match the purple in my paint job on my CR.

I saved $29 by ordering four sets at once. The one for my bike was a slim kit, so it was about $12 more than the other three, I figure I got the regualr conversions for about $68/kit.

Haloman, did you order a bixenon kit?

I went down the ebay special HID route....I gave them away.

I recently went with the www.retrosolutions.com kit and honestly...the ebay crap should be thrown in the trash in comparison.

halogen high/HID low is useless IMHO.

I got the new 55watt kit in 5000 color that has REAL HID high AND low beam.
There's an electric motor on the bulb itself that changes it's angle in the housing to get the high beam function.

I know all too well what the beam pattern and cut-off is like with te cheapo kits.....I was embarrassed to have it truthfully.

Pattern and cut-off with the Retro Solution kit is as close to stock as I've seen.

If y'all like that cheap crap.....step up to something nice some day and you'll see how much you're missing out on.

There's more to HID lights than just a bright ass bulb.

I recently went with the www.retrosolutions.com kit and honestly...the ebay crap should be thrown in the trash in comparison.

There's an electric motor on the bulb itself that changes it's angle in the housing to get the high beam function.

I know all too well what the beam pattern and cut-off is like with te cheapo kits.....I was embarrassed to have it truthfully.

Pattern and cut-off with the Retro Solution kit is as close to stock as I've seen.

If y'all like that cheap crap.....step up to something nice some day and you'll see how much you're missing out on.

Dont you mean

http://www.retrosolutionsllc.com/servlet/StoreFront

and Retros kits dont look much different than what I got from Flashtech or much different in price.

We'll compare at TS....then you can see or yourself.

I had a kit just like yours.....with the halogen high beam.

I know what the difference is in the kits....they all look similar....they do not all perform the same.

Rich, Will you take a daytime pic with them on, both on dim and brights?

I tried already....I'm out of town working and don't hae my real camera with me....my iPhone can't focus on the lights during the day or at night.

I'll try to remember to get someone to get some pics at the thing in Steele this weekend.

I tried...this is the best I can get today. This is the low beam HID along with the PIAA 520 Extreme White driving lights and the Dodge is my work truck with Silverstar Ultra's.

hid2.jpg

Last edited:

Which kit did you get? Part# ?

We'll compare at TS....then you can see or yourself.

I had a kit just like yours.....with the halogen high beam.

I know what the difference is in the kits....they all look similar....they do not all perform the same.

how does the bulb make a difference in the light pattern? i though that comes from the housing?

how does the bulb make a difference in the light pattern? i though that comes from the housing?

I wish I knew...but my new kit has awesome cut off and the cheap kit was more like a flood light.

The light pattern does come from the housing. How the bulb is oriented in the housing and how the filaments are oreinted makes the difference.

Back