Installed my Flashtech HIDS last night.

Bulb has way more to do with that than you think. When the factory HID's in my wife's car needed replaced I wen't the ebay bulb route. I left them in for the week it took to get the factory bulbs in and then I threw them away. High focus was off, low had a gap between the beams stock did not. If a kit didn't come with Slyvania bulbs i would not even consider it.

Here are the pics. Please ignore my falling off bumper plastics, I have replacements that arent installed yet.

Spring09026.jpg

Spring09030.jpg

Spring09035.jpg

Spring09036.jpg

Spring09037.jpg

Spring09038.jpg

Spring09039.jpg

Spring09040.jpg

I went with the 4300k for the car just because I wanted the brightest lights...

12000k's will match the purple in my paint job on my CR.

I saved $29 by ordering four sets at once. The one for my bike was a slim kit, so it was about $12 more than the other three, I figure I got the regualr conversions for about $68/kit.

Haloman, did you order a bixenon kit?
Roy, good luck getting the HID's to work on your 03. If its the same as my 06 then it is going to be a pain, unless you bought a kit specifically for the dodge. On my 06, the lights are controlled by the computer, the way i understand it at least is when you put on HID's on, they don't have the same load resistance. So when i put my kit on, they worked with the truck not running, then when i started it up they would go off. Apparently the computer was not detecting a load and was shutting them off. My buddy and I had to cut and splice in some 50w 10ohm resistors and a couple relays to get them work. If you need some help with them shoot me a PM and i will post some links of some How-To and some threads that might be helpful. After doing all that i finally got mine to work. I have Rich's old set. The pattern isn't too bad, it isn't that scattered, and not a ton of light out of the sides, i think it has to do with the light housing on the dodge, vs the Ford, because they Cheap HID's are decent, but i do plan to go with a retro solutions kit here in the future. i think i need to adjust mine down some because i have a few people flash their brights at me when sitting at an intersection and places like that. Overall though, i'm pretty happy, i think i got my money's worth, the light output is more than the Silverstars that i used to have. I'm sure you will like your 12k's although that is going to be really purple!

Roy, good luck getting the HID's to work on your 03. If its the same as my 06 then it is going to be a pain, unless you bought a kit specifically for the dodge. On my 06, the lights are controlled by the computer, the way i understand it at least is when you put on HID's on, they don't have the same load resistance. So when i put my kit on, they worked with the truck not running, then when i started it up they would go off. Apparently the computer was not detecting a load and was shutting them off. My buddy and I had to cut and splice in some 50w 10ohm resistors and a couple relays to get them work. If you need some help with them shoot me a PM and i will post some links of some How-To and some threads that might be helpful. After doing all that i finally got mine to work. I have Rich's old set. The pattern isn't too bad, it isn't that scattered, and not a ton of light out of the sides, i think it has to do with the light housing on the dodge, vs the Ford, because they Cheap HID's are decent, but i do plan to go with a retro solutions kit here in the future. i think i need to adjust mine down some because i have a few people flash their brights at me when sitting at an intersection and places like that. Overall though, i'm pretty happy, i think i got my money's worth, the light output is more than the Silverstars that i used to have. I'm sure you will like your 12k's although that is going to be really purple!

Dex,

I thought it was only with the bixenon kits that were having trouble with out hooking up a capacitor or something along those lines? I know the computer sends out a ground every so often to check for continuity, thats where the lamp out light comes in to play, and the HID's dont offer enough resistance to show that there is a load on the system. Does your truck have daytime running lights, I've read some people having trouble with them as well. They will be here tomorrow, so I will let you know if I need any help! I went with the 12k's to match the purple in the paint, I figured as long they are as bright Silverstar's that are in there I will be happy.
Picture148.jpg

Dex,

I thought it was only with the bixenon kits that were having trouble with out hooking up a capacitor or something along those lines? I know the computer sends out a ground every so often to check for continuity, thats where the lamp out light comes in to play, and the HID's dont offer enough resistance to show that there is a load on the system. Does your truck have daytime running lights, I've read some people having trouble with them as well. They will be here tomorrow, so I will let you know if I need any help! I went with the 12k's to match the purple in the paint, I figured as long they are as bright Silverstar's that are in there I will be happy.
Picture148.jpg

The polished frame on the R1 looks pretty dope son

Thanks, its actually chrome...It was done when the engine was built...

DSC00022.jpg

Here are the pics. Please ignore my falling off bumper plastics, I have replacements that arent installed yet.

are those high beams?

i only have lows but my pattern does not look that good.

if they are halogens you will be disappointed. Mine are crap, i NEVER use mine, mostly because they are about 1/3 the brightness of my lowbeams.

Here is mine, unfortunatly, I can't start it, my injectors are still at F1. Plus the package was missing about half of the stuff I ordered...

4300k vs stock - the lense itself is pretty yellow, if you see some green that's where its coming from.
HID2.jpg

12000k vs stock, Silverstar's in the headlights
HID3.jpg

HID.jpg

12000k's
HID1.jpg

On the bike, HUGE difference, pictures don't do it any justice.

Silverstars only:
HID6.jpg

One Silverstar Ultra and one HID:
HID7.jpg

HID's:
HID5.jpg

HID8.jpg

On the bike, HUGE difference, pictures don't do it any justice.

Silverstars only:
HID6.jpg

One Silverstar Ultra and one HID:
HID7.jpg

HID's:
HID5.jpg

HID8.jpg

I run 12k HID's in the stuntbike and even with the blue tint on them, they blow away the stock bright headlight bulbs like nothing else..

well if the bulbs are the culprit, can i just buy some better quality bulbs?

Im guessing Slyvania bulbs. will these work in any hid kit?

well if the bulbs are the culprit, can i just buy some better quality bulbs?

Im guessing Slyvania bulbs. will these work in any hid kit?

AFAIK the bulb are spcefic to there own kit. I could be wrong tho.

Back