Fleece stand-alone VNT is ON THE TRUCK!

64/70-.90 VNT w/ stand-alone controller... PDI T4 manifold. I've been working on it all day. I still need to finish the intercooler pipe, but I've already got it figured out. It'll take me about 20min tomorrow.

I did fire it up and twist the knob on the controller to listen to the thing spool up and down just for grins :p

Chase, Brayden, and Jeff have been awesome the whole time. I've been talking w/ them on this deal since they first posted about it on the net. It's taken a while to get everything lined up, they were waiting on housings and machine work, I had to round up some pieces and do a little machine work of my own.

Finally the stars aligned today and I got to dive in and get it on. Can't wait to get the cold pipe sealed up and see how it does on the road :D

I'm with tony. What about the programming of the controller? How is it setup? Do you need a laptop to make the boost curve? I understand the in cab knob is for max boost basicly, is that correct?

I'm with tony. What about the programming of the controller? How is it setup? Do you need a laptop to make the boost curve? I understand the in cab knob is for max boost basicly, is that correct?

they've got the map in the controller... Chase is going to be putting a VNT on his 06 and playing w/ the map some more. It is USB updatable.

it takes a CPS, MAP, and TPS signal and adjusts the vane position accordingly, and eventually will use a drive pressure input

the way they've got it set up right now is that it goes full open at a certain boost level, so the knob moves the curve left and right.

the owner of the prototype truck is reporting some good fuel mileage on the highway by opening up the vanes at light cruise to reduce back pressure.

so what is this vnt exactly? ho does it work?

its variable. i dont know what the N stands for but its Variable N Turbo. there is VGT, variable geometry turbo. VVT, variable vane turbo. i think others but not sure.

it has the good spool up of a small exhaust housing with the good top end flow of a larger exhaust housing.

Garrett

Back