Hi-performace engine advice?

AsTroSS

problems start @80 psi
Hey boy's/girls

I need advise to put together full list for my next engine (some part i allready have, some have to order).
Engine is for my T-25 project (2500 '98 12v 4x4) and its mostly used for drag racing/street racing, my target is more than 600 hp (I hope to see 800).
Behind the engine will be full billet DTT tranny

Here is engine specs:
marine 370 hp pistons
marine 370 hp injectors
crack style con rods with haisleymachine bolts
fully balanced rotating assembly (max rpm 4000)
4K governo spring kit
laser cut DV
#0 fuel plate
modified P7100
60 lbs valve springs (for intake and exhaust)
fully ported cyl.head
marine high temp valves and seats, rotators
haisleymachine 12 mm stud kit
haisleymachine main stud kit witk gridle
marine cyl.head gasket with fire rings
DTT flexplate
ATS 3-pcs exhast manifold
custom twin turbo kit : HX35/40 hybrid (HTT stage III) and HT3B
custom made twin ram intake (heater removed)
custom intercooler, single entry, twin out

I think this engine can make 600 hp with 50 lbs. What you think?

Wich camshaft is best for my application?
Any advice for better injectors?
Any advice wich parts I have to add or change?

Cummins is the best :ylsuper:

You are gonna need more than a 35/40 hybrid... Try a 40/3b combo

You think twin turbo kit with Hx35/40 hybrid and HT3B is not enuf ?:smirk:

Do you have any Borg Wargner part numbers for s300 and s400?

Like i understand S300 is a turbo type ,just like Holset Hx35 is turbo type (or size) .
I think before i can order S300 from lockal turbo shop i have to knew : exhaust housing size, compressor wheel size (how many blades) .....?

Once I called to the same turbo shop and I ask info about Holset Hx55 and they answered: before we continiue ,please inform me about HX55 part number, HX55 turbo size and it means me nothing.

One thing I forgot to add my list : water /methanol injection kit

You will need more turbos than a HX35/40 and HT3B combo.... If you are wanting 800 RWHP you will need something like a SPS66 and a S4T combo. You don't want the rotators. The rest looks pretty good except you will probably want something larger than 370 injectors, personally I like the Hot Rod 370's that Formula 1 is making.

Doug Smith

Jetpilot said:
You will need more turbos than a HX35/40 and HT3B combo.... If you are wanting 800 RWHP you will need something like a SPS66 and a S4T combo. You don't want the rotators. The rest looks pretty good except you will probably want something larger than 370 injectors, personally I like the Hot Rod 370's that Formula 1 is making.

Doug Smith

Is truck with SPS600 + S4T twins still streetable?
Is turbo lag less than 10 seconds?

How much boost i need for 800 hp?

Margus

Everyone has a different idea of streetable, but yes it can be driven daily on the street. As for boost, everyone gets caught up in "how much". Its not about the number its about efficiency. Our shop truck makes over 600 RWHP using just 45 lbs boost out of a single turbo! So if you run a good cam, get the head to flow, reduce exhaust restrictions, use good turbos, then 800 RWHP won't need huge boost (maybe around 70-75 lbs.)

Doug Smith

Thanks guys, :thankyou2:

Now i have almost complete list of modifications and parts. :ylsuper:

My priority nr 1 is full billet tranny

You guys are the best :rockwoot:

Your Estonian member

Margus

Hey Jetpilot,

I have few questions:

What type of cam tappets I have to use with Helix 3 camshaft? Stock or billet ?

How about push rods? Is stock good enuf?

Do I have to machine cylinder block for camshaft bearings?

Do I have to use bigger fuel lines (high pressure) with HotRod 370 injectors?

:ylsuper:

AsTross,

The Helix series cams use the OEM lifters.

Use the OEM pushrods they are fine.

Cam will slide right into the cam journals....

Stay away from the larger fuel lines. P-pumps already run at a pretty low pressure and the larger lines just seem to make the truck run worse.

Give us a call on the cams, don't alsways assume bigger is better. One of the most important parts of an engine buildup is selecting the proper parts for the intended job. This goes for injectors, cams, turbos, and pumps.....

Doug Smith

Why not the SPS66 with a little spray,and some 5.5 injectors. Use the marine pistons but keep the stock cam. Use everything else you named and you'll be looking at 1000 HP, with a fire ring job. No spray, 650 HP.

The cam change is good for the vendor, but why spend the money, when it is just not a "have to have", for streetable HP?

..Preston..

Spend the money to get those intake valves to open more and for a longer duration, to help pack in more air in the engine, which enhances all those other mods he's doing. And improves the overall potential of power production, with lower egt's to boot.

Whats the difference between : fire rings versus o-rings :huh::

:doh:

Jeff.........Betcha in our world of diesels, that is so minor a point, it's not worth the money spent. We've tried 4 different cams, and guess what making the most HP and going the fastest? What was that? You don't believe it. That's ok. Go ahead and spend the $'s.

Just for the fun of it, what's the bet on the fastest cam at BG?

..PT..

So additional HP aside, do these cam doohickeys make a noticeable difference in spool and drivability? I wouldn't necessarily associate a cam with additional HP on a diesel but 100 or 200 rpms of lower spoolup would be flat out awesome.

Back