Hi-performace engine advice?

Now I have few more question.

Do I have to add to my list : Fluidampr® Performance Diesel damper. ?

Or is stock damper good enuf? (my max rpm will be 4000 and fully balanced rotating assembly)

How about oil pump? any advice ? stock or aftermarket ? from marine 370 ?

But in a max effort engine -porting and airflow #'s should be a strong consideration when it comes time to camshaft selection, hi flowing ports won't work to optimum potentials with an incorrect camshaft......

RacinDuallie said:
But in a max effort engine -porting and airflow #'s should be a strong consideration when it comes time to camshaft selection, hi flowing ports won't work to optimum potentials with an incorrect camshaft......

Very well said! For an all out engine head porting is part of the package..... There are lots of little things that get done to a max effort engine that by themselves aren't a big gain, but when added together really make a difference.

Doug Smith

AsTroSS said:
Now I have few more question.

Do I have to add to my list : Fluidampr® Performance Diesel damper. ?

Or is stock damper good enuf? (my max rpm will be 4000 and fully balanced rotating assembly)

How about oil pump? any advice ? stock or aftermarket ? from marine 370 ?
:huh::

AstroSS,

You should be OK with your OEM damper as long as it is in good shape..... If you need to replace it the Fluidampr is a better option than stock but don't look for big HP gains. Building a HP engine is about a marriage of proper parts, the Fluidampr is nice but not essential. If you were going to run rpm in excess of 4K I would say to definantly install one.

As for your oil pump just use the OEM version, works good and lasts a long time. Besides trying to increase oil flow/pressure (as long as its sufficient) only robs HP.

Doug

Last edited:
Thanks about good info :thankyou2: :thankyou2:

I checked from Cummins web , automotive (dodge 180 Hp engine) and marine (370 Hp engine ) use the same lub oil pump with pn : 3937404

Flow rate is (GPM@RPM) : 20,5 @ 4200 :ylsuper:

I do not knew why the show flow rate at 4200 , marine engine max rpm is 3000 :huh::

Do not stop, let the good Cummins performance engine info flow.

I have question about twins.

Jetpilot advice for my 800 hp twin turbo setup was : SPS66 + S4T.

Here is flow rates:

SPS66 -> S366 0.59kg/s ~ 80lb/m
S4T (big brother) -> 190lb/m

Can HX50+ HX60 do the same job?

here is flow rates

HX50 0.75kg/s ~ 101lb/m

HX60 0.95kg/s ~ 128lb/m

HX80 1.3kg/s ~ 176lb/m

HX82 1.5kg/s ~ 203lb/m

or is HX50+HX80 (HX82) better ? :evil

Back