Modified Stock Turbo

RockinJW

Just wanted to post up some new information on this new turbocharger WOP has been testing for the past few months from Bell Turbo. It's a modified stock turbocharger for the Common Rail 5.9L Cummins. Built as a small upgrade for the guy looking for cooler egt's while towing on a basically stock truck (intake, exhaust, tuner, etc...), without sacrificing spool-up.

Like every turbo from Bell Turbo, this one met every expectation. On a bone stock truck with no aftermarket tuner in it, it picked up an additional 27hp on the dyno and about 100-degree cooler egt's. On a truck running intake, exhaust, and a Smarty programmer egt's were down about 300-degrees while towing. Pretty impressed with it. Bell has done some work to the turbine housing and turbine wheel in order to let the motors exhale a little easier, along with a couple of their other special tricks. The turbo has a nice mellow whistle, slighty louder than stock. Perfect upgrade for someone that is happy with their stock injectors (or small nozzle upgrade) and aftermarket tuned truck, but needs better egt's for daily driving and towing without giving up the quick spool-up and response from the stock turbo. It's a cheaper option than the larger aftermarket turbos as well...

I'll try and get some hard data on the the trucks that are currently running them.

Any idea on how many lbs per minute the bell modified turbo flows?

You weren't really clear, is the compressor side modified at all? Or do these just have an improved exhaust side?

Don't modify the compressor side, stock wheel flows a decent amount of air. All the work is done on the exhaust side. Eliminates any surge issues. Cooler egt's. Lower drive pressure. Also replace the bearings, install new seals, and rebalance to 3x the factory specs... We also cryo treat the internals. End up with a basically new turbo.

Runs $1250 + core.

No core charge if you send us your turbo to modify and send back.

modded oem turbo

You're not going to sell many of those at that price. I've seen brand new B1s for $1050! As they say,.. good luck with that one.

Yep and a good used s300 variant goes in the classifies once a week atleast fer 1100 the these cats can sell there stocker fer 350-450 all day

I just picked up a super b in awesome shape for alot less than that

I'd pay about 3-400$ on a new shaft and turbine housing. That's still on the high side but that's what I would considere it to be valued at. Turbos are a breeze to 'rebuild' if you cab even call it that. One v-band-one split ring- and one 10mm nut. Then the four tiny split rungs in the center section and it's ready to go again.

There is a little more too it than just slapping a new turbine wheel in it.

Eitherway, we've had great luck with them on the trucks we've installed them on. Great little upgrade for lower eg'ts with no sacrifice in driveabilty

So what you sell me a turbine housing and a new shaft and wheel? I'll do the work my self.

$1250 for an upgraded stock size turbo....you gotta be an idiot to drop off that much money on a stock turbo. Another $1250 and u gotta a stocker/S400 that flows a ton of air and egt's not over 1300*.

Might sell a few to the sledpulling guys that HAVE to keep a stock appearing turbo for their class...

Should just be smart about it and sell a KIT that u can buy from them, I know I'd buy a couple, but Im not gonna pay 1250 when I can buy a 62mm S300 for the same price.

That would be cheating....:rules::hehe:

No its not... They word it that way so you can you take a stock turbo and do whatever you want to it as long as it fits in the stock compressor housing and the stock exhaust housing. If it was cheating, they would say STOCK charger, not STOCK APPEARING.

There is a little more too it than just slapping a new turbine wheel in it.

Eitherway, we've had great luck with them on the trucks we've installed them on. Great little upgrade for lower eg'ts with no sacrifice in driveabilty

Are they clipping the stock wheel??

Back