00 keeps blowing starter fuse

Moremph

2Cruel/ 2L Motorsports
2000 2500 keeps blowing the 20 amp starter fuse when you turn the key to start immediatly. Doesnt click or even try to start just pops the fuse, Pulled the starter and sent it to the rebuild shop and he said its fine. Pulled the column cover off and thier is one wire thier that has been repaired a few years ago but it looks good no sighn of rubbage,

Any other ideas?

Thanks Travis

Exactly. Spent 8hrs chasing down that exact problem on a guys truck and it turned out to be the starter relay. Swapped it with the headlight relay and never had another problem.

they had a tsb i think on that starter relay or fuse. It's been so long ago but i remember my grandfather's 2000 had that problem wouldn't start and i remember the place he took it to get it fixed had to get an "updated" harness or something of that nature.

thanks for the info guys, went to put the starter back on it and the small starter trigger wire had apparently been rubbing the transmission cooler lines and had rubbed thru, a little heat shrink and electrical tape and all was wall

Thanks Travis

Back