01 Cummins #9 Fuse Blown

Smokinrebel

My buddies 01 died driving home from work the other night. He started checking fuses, and found that the #9 fuse (he is saying its an "engine control fuse?) in the cab was blown. he said he put another fuse in it and it blew as soon as he turned key. The dash lights, and overhead counsel lights all come on as well. He had it towed home and tried it again, said that started and ran for about 15 sec then blew the fuse again.

I haven't got to see truck in person yet to see what its doing.

Any ideas?

He has an airdog 150, and Edge CTS on it. He unhooked the CTS completely to make sure that didn't have anything to do with it.

I believe Fuse 9 is for the injection pump, I know that's the fuse you pull if you want to crank the engine over without it firing up. Sounds like the VP44 may be toast.

He is getting a NO BUS code? I think it may be the ECM? the FP never was dropping, and never got below 13.5 PSI

He is getting a NO BUS code? I think it may be the ECM? the FP never was dropping, and never got below 13.5 PSI

Little late, but did he ever figure this out?

I had this same problem. Ended up being the power wire for the ECM was shorting out.

I had a piece of round steel laying in my engine bay from god knows where and over time it had worn thru the plastic coating and rubbed the coating off of the ECM power wire. Needless to say, it grounded out on the fender. Couldnt figure it out for the longest time. :bang

Back