01 Stalling after WOT Pull

THEBIGJOB

I have been fighting a stalling issue every since installing the twins and trying to make WOT runs (closed course of course) to tune them:charger:. The issue may have existed before but egt’s would get to high to run the truck that hard. Pretty much everything in my sig was recently installed except the transmission, tuner, and injectors. Mostly happens if I snap completely off the throttle from wide open. I know that’s not good to do but my closed course can be short or conditions change. If I can feather off the fuel it’s usually fine. When it happens I have to bleed at least 3 fuel lines to get it to fire back up and then all is well:bang. Seems to me like it’s sucking the lines dry after the VP. VP is 2 years old and always supplied by an airdog. Airdog is supplying 15PSI and pulls down to 11PSI at WOT (should be plenty of fuel). We first thought the stock crossovers were the problem so I changed them out to .093’s and all was well until today and it happened again. Any information or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!! :bow:

Nothing out of the ordinary. Pretty common. I see it happen a lot to VP trucks at sled pulls. About the only way to keep it from happening is to slowly let off the pedal

I was starting to wonder if it was a common thing. I was a commonrail guy before so I'm still trying to get a handle on our VP truck. Thanks Teddybear!

Yep sounds like your air locking the pump... Just keep blipping the throttle to keep it from dying....

Thanks Guys that's what I have started doing and got the twins tuned in a little better. Just needed some reassurance that I didn't have a problem to track down.

Back