03/04 48RE Guys Running TS lock up box?

cj42

New England Texan
Ever since I've added more power and built my tranny the 4 gear shift is pretty hard and will bark the turbo and half throttle.. I'm not interested in a manual switch. I'm curious to here from guys that are running this or the ATS box.

I have the ats box and the biggest problem with it is if the box has the converter locked and you give it enough throttle to down shift it will do it locked and its pretty violent. I only use mine when I drag race. Don't really like it on the street. It also won't unlock until you get to the low speed setting in the box. Not good if your towing or trying to drive smoke free.

enough throttle to down shift it will do it locked and its pretty violent. I only use mine when I drag race. Don't really like it on the street. It also won't unlock until you get to the low speed setting in the box. Not good if your towing or trying to drive smoke free.

You spelled 'fun' wrong. LOL

I mostly use mine for racing; as much as I like it, I don't think it'll solve your problems.

You may want to have the shifts softened, add a BOV, or more fuel, or an S400 under that 63. :rockwoot:

I'm thinking of trying to have switch to either run the ts box or use a manual foot pedal lock up switch. The ts box would be for my wife when she is driving. I'm curious how the box would work if you set it to lock up at 60 mph and unlock at 55mph. That should minimize the the turbo bark I'm getting being locked up already and shifting from 3rd to 4th.

For me that 3rd lock, unlock, shift, lock in OD happens right at 50 mph. You'd want to set your lockup below that, IMO.

The problem with just having it lock up on speed alone is that if you set the box to lock at 45 and are just cruising around town, the tranny is in OD and would normally be unlocked; lockup at 45 in OD is usually pretty boggy when you roll into it before downshift.

My truck locks up at 50 mph and then shifts into 4th and that is the issue. I want it to lock after that. I believe all of the pre 2000 trucks locked up after 4th. For wot I would want it to lock up on second but for normal driving I want it to lock up after going onto over drive.

Back