03 APPS-TPS problem

06cumminz

I bought a 6/03 cummins nv4500 truck. It didn't have a motor in it. I bought a 2003 5.9 out of an auto. Installed the motor and realized the truck has the APPS mounted under the driver side battery. The motor has the TPS on top of the engine. The truck started up but didn't have any throttle. I chased the throttle cable and found the apps under the battery. So I plugged in the TPS on top of the engine and I now have a very delayed throttle that randomly has a dead pedal and goes to idle.

I'm at a loss. I have found wiring diagrams for the two plugs but they both receive and send different information so I cant wire them together. Any ideas?

Thanks

Defective/ Un calibrated apps

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

So I currently have two plugs for it. The plug at the top of the motor that goes to the tps and the one under the battery box. So you think I need to get a different tps on top of the motor?

I would check it with a multimeter and make sure it doesn't have a dead spot, and do the calibration proceedure

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

You can get a modified"Timbo" APPS that mounts in the bell crank on engine, but has a jumper wire that you pin into the ECM. Pin #16. Works on manual program.

Just Google " Timbo APPS" when you're on site, select the bottom option. "Auto to manual conversion apps".

Sorry. Never figured out how to post a link. Lol.

Got it figured out. I got a engine harness for an 03 nv4500 truck and ecm. Swapped it all and it runs good. Thanks for the help guys

Back