03 cuts out power, smokes, and dies need help

it doesnt have any codes in it?

scan it and see just b/c MIL isnt on doesnt mean it doesnt have a soft code that wont trigger it. i cant believe something causing the truck to do this wouldnt be a hard code but at work ive seen some goofy stuff cause problems before.

your rail pressure will tell you a lot. I had a similar problem once where I could never acheive max rp. In the cold weather it was only worse. low rp, gutless, evetually got to the point where it would die when I threw it into neutral long enough. It turned out to be bad injector tubes. for some people theyre just loose.

I dont have a way to check rail pressure... took it for a drive, it warmed up to 190/200, same out come plus held it to the floor in 3rd gear and it white smoked real bad and died... waited a few sec and it started and drove back to the shop

Sounds like an injector is hanging open extremly bad.

Id just get injectors lol its alot easier then replacing a motor dropping in a 24v and rewiring all of it

i friend is going to let me use his scanner tonight ... hopeful i will have some rail pressure numbers

Full load? Explain

What is rail pressure at idle and cruising at 70mph? What is max rail pressure in neutral and while going down the road in gear?

Back