03 Excursion Project

Kind of sort of progress. Not really. Just bought this about 10 minutes ago.

EX2_zpsd2d58310.jpg

The ultimate plan is to use this body instead of the one I currently have. Mine is a bit crustier underneath than I like considering the amount of effort I put in everything under the chassis.

Maybe it's a blessing in disguise that I haven't had time to work on it so this deal could pop up.

It's 2wd, 5.4, and does not start. It's from western MO, so hopefully it should be much cleaner than what I have.

I have half a notion to end up keeping both, one for summer, one for winter. (you southern and western guys wouldn't understand LOL)

It currently does not run. It turns over, but doesn't start. I'm hoping for a cheap easy fix and I'll drive it till I get done with my chassis and ready to do the body swap.

The wife's happy. We both like the silver better than tan, AND IT HAS GRAY INTERIOR! LOL I hate the tan interior that 99% of them have.

Short term plan is make it run, steam clean the black paint off the rims, put my 05 front end on it with color matched bumpers and grille.

Kind of sort of progress. Not really. Just bought this about 10 minutes ago.

EX2_zpsd2d58310.jpg

The ultimate plan is to use this body instead of the one I currently have. Mine is a bit crustier underneath than I like considering the amount of effort I put in everything under the chassis.

Maybe it's a blessing in disguise that I haven't had time to work on it so this deal could pop up.

It's 2wd, 5.4, and does not start. It's from western MO, so hopefully it should be much cleaner than what I have.

I have half a notion to end up keeping both, one for summer, one for winter. (you southern and western guys wouldn't understand LOL)

It currently does not run. It turns over, but doesn't start. I'm hoping for a cheap easy fix and I'll drive it till I get done with my chassis and ready to do the body swap.

The wife's happy. We both like the silver better than tan, AND IT HAS GRAY INTERIOR! LOL I hate the tan interior that 99% of them have.

Short term plan is make it run, steam clean the black paint off the rims, put my 05 front end on it with color matched bumpers and grille.

It better be SW MO, and if it is from there, be prepared to getting mud out of things for the next 3 years LOL. The bad thing about the MO vehicles is the mud seems to get in the crevices and holds the salt. Granted they don't use salt on anything but the main roads.

It better be SW MO, and if it is from there, be prepared to getting mud out of things for the next 3 years LOL. The bad thing about the MO vehicles is the mud seems to get in the crevices and holds the salt. Granted they don't use salt on anything but the main roads.

About 25 miles south of 70, almost to KS. I figured being 2wd it's offroading life has been fairly limited. Keeping fingers crossed.

Back