03 f-350 12v Cummins water temp not working

cumminspwr11

So I got my swap running and driving and the water temp doesn't seem to be working, the truck was a 6.0 and had 3 factory water temp sensors, I just combined all three of the signal wires and the one common wire to one sensor but the dash doesn't work. Any ideas?

what year? mine only had one from what I seen, I adapter the factory ford sensor to fit the bigger cummins sensor hole and it worked great

you can't combine sensors like that. use the 1 ford water temp sensor and use an adapter for the threads in the block.

It's an 03 that had a 6.0, there were 3x connectors that all shared a common wire and then had 3 seperate wires back to the computers, the same sensor plugged into all 3 connectors, I put the sensor in the top of the head next to the heat core line, I was also reading up and it seems I need to add the cam signal wire in with the crank- I only used the one crank wire and left the cam out

There's a dedicated WATER temp sensor..there were a lot of wires that shared what I think to be a common ground or somwthing but there was only 1 water temp sensor..

I noticed today that it does move and got up to almost the mid point of the gauge but I'm not sure it's entire correct because it seemed like it took way to long to start warming up.

Figured out the water temp today, damn rats chew ONE wire- the coolant temp one.

Next issue the alternator isn't running, can I run an external regulator on it? I used the factory 03 ford alternator, I don't see why I couldn't, it has three wires- one charging and two small fielding wires

It should work stock. or/lb should have batt power all the time @ fuseable link, lg/rd is to the dummy light (lower that b+ key on). big ye/wh goes to fuesable link at batt

I will have to check that out later, so the voltage regulator is built into the alternator? I'm only running the driver battery right now and I cut out everything I didn't need from the harness, I noticed one of the smaller wire went to the positive on the battery along with the big one so I ran those two to the positive post and left the other small wire in the harness, the battery doesn't seem to be charging however the idiot light is not on- also there is some other weird issues in the cab such as the radio not turning off and the power to the Windows on all the time. I hoping the rats didn't get to the wiring any more than they did

Back