03' making oil no smoke

wideopen

Slum Lord
Have an 03' that is getting a lot of fuel in the oil. And isn't smoking at all.

I pulled the injectors and crossover tubes. Nothing stands out about the injectors the crossover tube bodies look rough, but the tips look ok.

Am I wrong for thinking that if the injectors were the issue, stuck open wouldn't it be smoking? If the tubes were leaking would it dump into the crankcase or the cylinder?

What about the injection pump? I've heard the seal could be bad dumping fuel into the front cover?

Thanks!

I know a few people that have had injector bodies go bad and they never smoked, just made oil and it still showed good oil pressure on the idiot gauge.

Is it possible to push fuel out of the solenoid area on the Bosch units? I've had this on Delphi injectors in the past.

If you want to be thorough, get a fuel dye and black light. Bypass your tank (return and supply) and run it from a 5 gallon bucket of dyed fuel. Run the engine with the valve cover off and wait for a fluorescent trail to appear under the black light.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Is it possible to push fuel out of the solenoid area on the Bosch units? I've had this on Delphi injectors in the past...
Yes, seen a few.
Also, an injector can have a cracked injector body.

Mark.

Got it back together, now it won't start...FML

no leaks on the lines..Today is not my day.

Found an injector body that appears to be cracked. I'm pretty sure that is the problem.

And kill you

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Yeah, has there actually been any such documented incidents? No doubting the dangers obviously, just have never seen or read of someone actually being injured from the HPCR system.

I just don't fancy the idea of potentially having diesel fuel force fed under my skin, or into my bloodstream.
Seems like a possibly gruesome way to check out.

Mark.

I just don't fancy the idea of potentially having diesel fuel force fed under my skin, or into my bloodstream.
Seems like a possibly gruesome way to check out.

Mark.

Lol, I'll second that opinion!

Especially if it's contaminated!:hehe:

New injectors truck in running good, not making oil.

Thanks For the help guys

Back