03 no bottom end power

smokeblack13

When in doubt Pin it
Working on a buddies 03 and the truck has no low end power

Put a s06 tune on it TNT sw7 and not much difference from stock and have since then installed a bully dog tune with the watchdog until he can afford the smarty

Anyway driving it is weird it takes forever to build boost but once you hit 20+ psi it starts pulling like it should

3rd gear has close to nothing until 65mph and then starts pulling like it should

Haven't put a fuel pressure gauge on it yet but I'm guessing its not a fuel delivery problem because I think it would be the other way around and It also can't be a Trans problem because we swapped from his stock Trans to a full billet Trans with triple disk converter and had no change

Boost levels are 38 psi at 80mph at 5000 ft and doesn't hit 20 lbs until 60mph no smoke until 65+ mph where you get a slight haze

Stock truck other than Trans and tune

My 03 had no bottom end power until I got past the horrible TM the 03 has. I now run with the shift defuel off and that removes the TM the ecm has built in to help the stock auto live from the factory. Make the ecm give it fuel on the bbottom but only do it if it has a built trans. You will see a world of difference.

Can't see much smoke until it starts to hit boost and pull hard around 65 mph. I checked the wheel when I pulled the silencer ring and it felt normal. There are quite a bit of holes in the dash so I'm wondering if the previous owner left a tune on it. Would the smarty erase it when returning to stock or should he get the ECM reflashed?

The truck had no change going from stock to TNT sw7 to bully dog

That's strange that your getting smoke during boost. That when your timing is generally low so there should be less smoke but more egt temp. What your fuel pressure at idle?

haven't got a gauge hooked up yet. Im hoping I can steal mine today for that. Like I said though it is the weirdest truck I have ever drove.

It just hazes on the top end once it starts pulling hard like most stock trucks with a tune do maybe even a little less. No smoke whatsoever on the bottom to mid-range though.

I tried power braking it yesterday while watching the load % on the bully dog and it only got to 35% load and just hung the rpms at 1500. Would not climb any higher than that and didn't even think about rolling the tires over.

Something is definitely out of whack but I will try and get a gauge on it today.

Back