03 No power no clue. Need Help!

LeroyVT

Hey guys been a while, but since I have been gone, my truck is in the dumps. Its a 03 205k a air dog, and a edge. Last week my truck started loosing power. I changed the fuel filter on the air dog and nothing improved. When I run it the power is somewhat there say 80% but as the truck warms up it goes to sh!t. No acceleration at all. My edge would say the load was at 100% and I couldn't drive up a 1 degree hill unloaded. Put a code reader on it and it came up a P02051 or P0251 cant rember, but my buddy thats a Dodge mechanic said it was a short in the injectors. Cleared the code and now it won't come back. Truck wont idle once and will sometimes just shut off if I dont keep in the throttle. Took the chip off and still same thing. I am at my wits end and really dont want to take it to the stealer, but I guess I will unless anyone has any imput. Thanks and sorry for it being long winded.

Also put a volt meter on the injectors. Front 3 were clicking off between 18 n 20 volts and the last 3 were 25. Don't know if this helps.

Can you be a little more specific on the codes? You don't need a reader. Roll the key to run 3 times, watch the odo.

I did run it like that and it comes up done when I do it. The code was read by a dodge mechanic and he said it was for a injector short. Thats all I know.

how old are the batteries? It may sound dumb but my 03 was low on power and just replacing the battteries made a 100 hp gain. wasnt throwing codes. only way I knew something was up was my radar detector would act up when the key first turned on. just an idea.

Back