03 surging problem ........HELP

REEDSTR

SHADE TREE TECH
I got a 03 2500 with a smarty dd clutch 100hp inj and its having a big problem with surging at highway speeds and seems to have lost low end power but when you set the cruse on at 70 you san feel the truck surging/hunting for the rpm ...........wondering if this could be a simple problem of if its a sign for parts that are about to go??

I would think that maybe the CP3 cant keep up and the rail pressure is falling

Stock CP3 or?

It's not lack of RP. Mine did it with a modded single and still does it with dual pumps.

I'd love to kill it too...for now I just drive around it.
Under 70 or over 75....in between is useless.

Floor it had a 'surge free' pump ready to ship me a couple months ago...well you know how it is with him.

It's not lack of RP. Mine did it with a modded single and still does it with dual pumps.

While driving around Rich do you leave your pressure off on your Smarty? I use the PPE Hot, and it does not add pressure. I know when I had the Dr. P along with it that was nonadjustable it surged like crazy. For street driving I have zero added pressure with dual pumps and have no surge. I know this might be irrelevant because of different tuners, but just an idea...

I run stock RP with the SSR and keep my MP8 on zero...still does it.

I have surging only if I use cruise. Took all my edge off to check. Still does it.

Sad my foot can control the speed better then the brain in the truck

well i been running a stock exhaust and muff, and i think i pluged it up enough to make too much back pressure.......I think...........because i installed a new aftermarket exhaust and now the surge is no longer haunting me , but who knows with the CR ghost's

I run stock RP with the SSR and keep my MP8 on zero...still does it.

I should have kept my mouth shut. :doh: I drove to work this morning and the bastard is definately surging at the exact speeds you are talking about Rich. Sometimes I got so pissed I just took it up to 90 and coasted to get rid of it. Gonna take some getting used to if I'm gonna drive it to the beach....

I got it too....I always thought it was the 120 sticks and a stock CP3 and no pressure box....Because when I feel the surge, I can see my rail pressure go between 10K and 14K. Just atributed it to the 120's draining the rail, the the CP3 catching up. Although Im just like Rich, its right around 70mph is the worst, and getts better as i go up or down.

So there is no way to fix this? Its not horrible, just noticeable and annoying!!

I can feel it sometimes in my 06 with cruise on. More so on downhills for sure. I wonder if it is APPS or how the maps are written.

I think it's hardware related personally.
Mine did it with 90's and a stock CP3, 90's and a modded CP3, both with TNT-R running various tunes, still does it with big injectors and twin pumps, TNT-R tuned and SSR tuned, various tunes of course.

mine used to do it and i replaced the FCA and it went away. idk if it will fix it for everybody but it helped me.

Mines been touch and go lately. Sometimes it's horrible and other times I can barely feel it. It seems to be happening less and less over time. Now that makes no sense at all to me but it is nice getting a break from the surge.

this happend to me a couple of years ago when I put II dragonfire cp3 85% in along with new 100hp injectors. It does it real bad with the mp8 plugged in, I have not had the mp8 plugged in for two years because of this problem. with iut mp8 plugged in it is some what tolerible. Oh I am running the beta 4.2.

Back