04.5 Dodge Front locker

kino_fab

KTPA Tech Official
I've been noticing in a few videos of my pulls in the last few weeks and seen that my right front wheel quits spinning for about the last 5ft or so. What kind of front Diff do you guys recomend for them, where to get them and prices. Thought about an air locker, but I think I would rather have something else. Any Ideas?

detroit tru track

Granted I dont pull, but I do come from the rock crawling world and I would have to disagree. While there great posi units (IMO the best) its still a posi. If you binded them up one will get 1 wheel spinning, I know sled pullers dont bind up as bad as we do inbetween 2 rocks, but with all the weight up front and power you twisting the chassis you better believe both tires arent getting equal power. But I def could with an ARB or spool if its a dedicated puller

I use a e locker the same they put in the power wagon. full spool at the push of the switch. quick to engage if your doing a hard turn. tough to engage with minor steering input. have to get the gears aligned ( some differential between tires). easy install, might want to p/u some side bearings messed up one as we were pulling it off to go on the new carrier. or plan on both new if you got some miles on them already anyways. and make note that ring gear bolts are reverse thread when taking them off. this is where i got mine any 2 pole electric switch will work may want lighted just in case it gets bumped on. http://www.justdifferentials.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=24_47_473&products_id=2469

yes it is my DD through the week, and a trailer queen puller on the weekends.

I would go ARB if I had it to do again.
Beefier than the Eaton.
I am not real happy with my Eaton.

Granted I dont pull, but I do come from the rock crawling world and I would have to disagree. While there great posi units (IMO the best) its still a posi. If you binded them up one will get 1 wheel spinning, I know sled pullers dont bind up as bad as we do inbetween 2 rocks, but with all the weight up front and power you twisting the chassis you better believe both tires arent getting equal power. But I def could with an ARB or spool if its a dedicated puller

My Tru Track worked great for a couple years. I've noticed now on the marginal tracks it will rock the wheel back and fourth, it's loading and unloading. My next one will be an ARB.

You won't like driving a welded front on a 3rd gen on the street.

Most of the time my truck only spins one front wheel at the end as well. Thinkin about weldin it up, but an ARB would be nice. Anybody got a welded front carrier in theirs?

I know several guys that were welding them up, on the trucks with CAD they are just fine. pretty much like driving a third gen. Your front drive shaft will spin all the time.

Back