04.5 tps problem after intake manifold instal?

rick stark

Diesel Dummy
I put a banks high ram on this morning and I get done and go for a test drive and the truck was bucking and kicking like a mule almost the entire time. One code came up the firs time and it was p2122 (low tps voltage or something like that) so I figured I knocked a plug or something loose. I checked everything out, wiggled a few wires that were tight, and all plugs were connected. Took it out again and did the same thing after 2 minutes. Two codes this time, p2122 and the infamous p2121. Cleared them and does the same thing but it doesn't throw the codes now. It seems to do it more when hitting bumps which makes me lead to a loose wire. It's also not the first time the p2121 code has come up. What do I do? What do I need to check? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I do have a video but can't get it to upload...

Its bucking because it's trying to get that banks junk off of it Nick... hehe :D

Sent from a Dumb Phone using Tapatalk 2

Got it but bad quality.

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ywv1ofgaMro"]04.5 tps problem? - YouTube[/ame]

CODES:
P0121Throttle Position Sensor/Switch A Circuit Range/Performance Problem
P0122Throttle Position Sensor/Switch A Circuit Low Input

Last edited:
did you reset it? might just be a coincidence, and be a bad tps

Search my previous threads...

fought your demons before.. Im willing to say you have a bad ground, loose ECM connection, or a short somewhere....

Search my previous threads...

fought your demons before.. Im willing to say you have a bad ground, loose ECM connection, or a short somewhere....

I did just that this morning! Isolated it to a plug near the fire wall. Unplugged it and blew compressed air in it plugged back in and bam, problem solved! Thank you very much sir!

Back