05' high boost, no power, turbo shutter

07dodge

Most Hated
Im working on a 05' 6.0 that has high boost when crusing(10-13psi) and when you give it the least amount of throttle it shoots to 29psi but seems to have a lot less power than normal. The truck has a egr delete and sct 3015. I have ran it with and without the programmer and still about the same. I have even updated the sct to the latest update off of sct website and still no change. I thought it was a turbo issue with vanes being stuck closed so i changed the turbo and upgraded to a powermax 64.5/68 Garrett and still the same results. These issues all seemed to start when it blew off the passenger side ic pipe. The head gaskets are starting to pressurize the over flow bottle now.

Truck mods
Fass high pressure pump
5'' exhaust
sct 3015
sinister egr delete
Garrett 64.5/68 powermax (new)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sensor issue maybe? Have you tried installing a manual gauge and compare?

I have read it with a scanner and the cts but both read from the map sensor.

Also when going like 60mph and you floor it, it will continually chirp the turbo like its pulling fuel away until you let off.

could be an exhaust back pressure issue, iv seen lots of threads with that sensor giving similar symtoms

I had similar issues a while back on our tow rig. Replacing the EBP sensor cleared up the issue for a few thousand miles, then the charger took a ****t 600 miles from home.

since you have a scanner. check the reading and see what the map sensor reads with koeo test

Just check ebp sensor actual vs. desired. Run turbo vane test which will compare several sensors. Just plug a egr valve into the wiring.
Stuck turbo vanes or ebp sensor.

Crazy as this will sound also check EOT sensor. If it is failing/sending crazy readings truck will do alot of weird things.

Ryan

Back