05 injector swap results.

ClamDigger4

This weekend me and the girlfriend did an injector swap on her 05.
The truck has 170k miles and I assume the injectors were original.

Truck had crazy "rail hang"
(Would sit at 3k for 2-3 seconds)
Idled rough once warmed up
Did not smoke at start up
Started very quick when cold (35*)
Got 14mpg
did not notice the oil level rising.

Get a set of stock injectors out of a good running early 07 with 100k miles.(extremely good deal)

The rough idle is completely gone no matter what temp or run time.
Rail hang is completely gone. Comes down on the rpms very smooth.
As of right now she said she gained some miles out of her first 1/4 tank ran since swap.
Much less rattle.
I still plan on testing these when We go to do nozzles.

Figured I'd post it up for people Who are on the fence about some symptoms they see out of their injectors!
from phone

I'm getting ready to do a set in my 03. It hard starts and then it wouldn't start. The solinoids were in the 1.5 to 1.7ohms range so they are getting pulled. No smoke but has a rough idle when cold. I may have the fan clutch going bad too.

How long are the fan clutches lasting for?

How much are new ones?

When I install my Fluidampr and a new belt......I wonder if a new fan cluth should be installed also

Snedge said he couldn't get it because its a dodge part not cummins. I've seen them on eBay for $350 or so.

I want to know too. When I start my cold engine, the FC hisses a little then kicks in then kicks right back out. It makes the engine stumbles but its not enough to register on the tach.

I always test my fan clutches like this. Well not really the clutch but more so of air flow.

Have the truck at idle or 1000rpm. And turn a/c on. Then unfold a red rag on the condenser. If the fan pulls enough air to hold it there and not fall. Most times fan clutch is good. If it can't hold it there. You either have a faulty fan clutch or not engaging properly. Or dirty radiator/coolers etc.

Back