05 to 03 ecm flash

Thanks for all the info guys guess he's screwed unless he tears it down and builds it to an 05

does the same apply for 03/04, 04.5-05.5? 06/07? thanks! :D

I know the 03's are unable to enable high idle, but it is my understanding you can put an 04 part number in an 03 computer and it will work on an 04. might be a mistaken understanding! LOL

The 03/04 are compatible, the 04.5 - 05.5 autos are compatible, the 04.5 - 05.5 manuals are compatible, the 06-09 5.9 are all compatible.

The 04.5 - 05.5 manuals don't have the transmission FETs installed to control the solenoids. But the a auto ECM will work on the manual.

The 03/04 are compatible, the 04.5 - 05.5 autos are compatible, the 04.5 - 05.5 manuals are compatible, the 06-09 5.9 are all compatible.

The 04.5 - 05.5 manuals don't have the transmission FETs installed to control the solenoids. But the a auto ECM will work on the manual.

thank you! very good info :D

makes sense about the auto ecm working on the manual truck

Hopefully I will confirm this. It would sure save me tons of money

Thanks for all the info guys guess he's screwed unless he tears it down and builds it to an 05

It should run fine with 03 motor and 05 ecm. Only difference is the pistons and injector angles. The ECM has no idea that the nozzles are spraying at a different angle.

It should run fine with 03 motor and 05 ecm. Only difference is the pistons and injector angles. The ECM has no idea that the nozzles are spraying at a different angle.

IT runs but a lot of white smoke with the 05 ECM even at idle. when he hooked up the 03 ecm no smoke at idle but thats all it would do was idle he thought there would be an ecm fix for this a change of the ins and outs or something but it sounds like there isn't!

say what????????:pop:

3 months waiting on race tunes, WTF??? Emails were sent, a few phone calls were even made to follow up...Marco is on vacation, Marco is busy with the 6.7 software, Marco is busy working on SSR so he's not writing race tunes...promises of soon having them and I still haven't seen or heard a thing from you Bob...that was over a month ago. Not sure what I've ever done to deserve treatment like this...oh wait, I don't sell the volume that others do so I'm not worth the support! I would have never brought this up here but you asked.

Last edited:
Since I can no longer edit my previous post I'll make another. Bob you have helped me out many times in the past and I do greatly appreciate all that. However when my customers ask for custom tuning for a product that they purchased with plans of upgrading, it soon makes me look irresponsible when all I can tell them is that I'm waiting on an email and I have no idea of when it will arrive. All the more so when they hear that a friend of a friend went another route to get custom tunes and they only had to wait a few days for a the tune to arrive.

Last edited:
IT runs but a lot of white smoke with the 05 ECM even at idle. when he hooked up the 03 ecm no smoke at idle but thats all it would do was idle he thought there would be an ecm fix for this a change of the ins and outs or something but it sounds like there isn't!

There is something else going on here, with the exception of the nozzle the injectors are the same. There should be no reason for the truck to run any different other then maybe his 05 ecm is faulty.

I think Forrest hit it about the accelerator assembly being different,I don;t have 03 pin outs to compare them and Chrysler doesn't list resistance specs.

'03, '04, '04.5 - '05 and '06 have different pinouts for the 5.9l. Don't mix/match wiring harnesses.

Back