06 1000hp Build

99coalroller24v

I'm wanting to clear the 1000hp mark. I have some things to change up and even get built to hold the power.

Also looking at S&S 150% New Injectors.

I'm wanting to upgrade my current compound turbos from a 62/ s475 to a 64.5/480.

Would I be better off with a 64.5/68 or the 64.5/73? Also would the .83 turbine or .91 turbine be better. Will be running a T4 steed speed.

I haven't figured out if I want a gated housing on the secondary or a non gated housing with an external gate on the manifold. If I was to go the external gate path. Is it best to have it vent to the atmosphere, hot pipe, or downpipe? Was looking at the Tial 38mm gates.

I wish my 62/475 would clear 1000hp so I wouldn't have to change them out. I haven't been on the dyno with them.

Thanks

I agree with the 464/485 compounds… that’s what I have waiting to go on my mega… but to answer your question, if I had to choose between the two I’d go with the bigger turbine/ ar option. Will help keep drive pressure down. And should be capable of your goal of 1k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My vote for the best driving 1000 HP compound setup on a 5.9 CR is to start with a custom 60/67 He351cw or even the 67/67 He351cw if you want room to grow. It'll hit 1000 HP with a 480, but for the few extra bucks, might as well put a 488 on there and have room for more power, or cooler EGT at your 1000 HP goal.

80% of the driveability/spoolup is going to come from the small charger so choose wisely. Over the years I've been impressed time and time again of the spoolup and power potential of a good custom Holset HE351cw based charger. With the oversized internal gate port that comes on the custom charger, there is no need for an external wastegate.

Back