'06 48RE Shift Points ??

KillerQuad

M. Tyler Moore
I have a Suncoast 48RE ... (TC, VB, Clutchs, Billet Input)

My issue is that the shift from 1st to 2nd is VERY Fast and it will just bog the truck down and fog the engine out duing city driving ... and it is very hard to not smoke out everyone behind me ...

Then 2nd to 3rd has a HORRIBLE Shift Shuttle ... The truck under anything other than WOT will act like it shifts 7 times ...

Under WOT on Tow Haul the thing is Flawless but i only drive it like that 1 time out of the month for the most part ...

ALSO, with the TS Shift Master that i had for a while, it just increased the RPM between 1st and 2nd which was fine but once it hit second, it also locked 3rd immediatly, which just fogged out again ...

Anyone know of how to fix this ???

(ps: we have an "UPDATED" Sun Coast VB on the way but i was just curious about what some people think?)

My truck draws out the 1-2 shift with the shift enhancer and then would stack up the 2-3 shift. I just played around with the tq mang. on the smarty until it starts shifting right. The best setting I have found is to run moderate tq mang. and run tow/haul all the time. I like the way T/H shifts and locks the converter in third, but then when towing heavy it shifts into o/d and locks at 49mph and lugs the motor.

i get a little shuttle shift on the 1-2 but not enough to bother me, my 2-3 is perfect, not sure on the mph buts its all very smooth, i know mine shifts into 4th at light throttle around 40mph with the converter unlocked, because if i lock up the converter at 40mph it will drop the rpms to 1000rpm.

Back