06 Cummins tuners

97 D-Tec

Im not a 3rd gen guy so any help would be appreciated. A friend of a friend has a 06 cummins that came with a bully dog power pup and hes looking for a better programmer tuner what ever you want to call em to replace it. I said look into a smarty, tst power max, or a quadzilla as long as you have at least an intake and exhaust. Was i pointing him in the right direction? Any other suggestions in what to look for? and is there any Free mods he could do that might not be done to the truck already?

Im not a 3rd gen guy so any help would be appreciated. A friend of a friend has a 06 cummins that came with a bully dog power pup and hes looking for a better programmer tuner what ever you want to call em to replace it. I said look into a smarty, tst power max, or a quadzilla as long as you have at least an intake and exhaust. Was i pointing him in the right direction? Any other suggestions in what to look for? and is there any Free mods he could do that might not be done to the truck already?

If your looking into a TST make sure you check the build date on the truck, TST is having problems with trucks that were built on 6/06 and above!

Smarty is the way to go IMHO... make sure to get some gauges to keep an eye on the vitals!!

So maybe a smarty with intake and exhaust. What is needed to support the TNT tune that is also available? or can you just by a smarty have all those settings+ the TNT

does your buddy have a triple dog? If so he doesn't need to get rid of it, it will run with a smarty tuned truck with the crazy larry tune, just won't have all the bells and whistles that a smarty has, and since he he might already have a triple dog, then the upgrade will be free. I can email you the tune if need be. Just let me know. I've run the smarty Revo on Sw9 and my BDTD crazy larry pulls just about the same. I run 1 mph quicker in the 1/4th with the BDTD too. Then again i never tried Smarty TNT though...

I would stay with the bully dog before I would put anything quadzilla on it. I would just get the CL tune if he can

I dont think its the triple dog i think its just the pup.. ill ask when i go back to college on monday

If it's auto do done mods to the trans first. 48re blows big time. Been thru 3 of em in a year. Finally built it. Up to handle light mods.

will a vb and a converter do it for a while like it will for a 47re or is it worse?

vb and converter will be fine for now, also for the money on an 06 I'd go with DS or BDTD. Both run with the smarty as said previously.

Last edited:
06 has 48re. Non HO '03s had the last of the 47re's

ik the 06 has a 48 i was just wondering if it works the same way as a 47.. now ik it does it could be something to shoot for.. so with intake and exhaust and good programmer such as a smarty bdtd (whoese ds?) how much power are we lookin at .. at the wheels of course?

ik the 06 has a 48 i was just wondering if it works the same way as a 47.. now ik it does it could be something to shoot for.. so with intake and exhaust and good programmer such as a smarty bdtd (whoese ds?) how much power are we lookin at .. at the wheels of course?

DS would be diablosport...looking around 475 or more with a good tune, BF to.

Bf as in boost fooler?... have any of you tried the intake horns and do they have any affect at all on the CRs?

Back