06 frame rust

Jakediesel06

I have a 06 dodge 2500 and frame is rusted through behind the cab. And I’ve been doing a lot reading on and haven’t seen anyone real fix it yet. Guess I’m wondering if I can buy a section of frame or see if I can get a fab shop to bend me piece to try match the bend on the tubing and weld it in.

Of course you could. Depending where you're located try and find a limo company and ask around.

Is there a place that sells pieces to fix the frame or am I going to have to find a place to make them. Seems to be a pretty common problem I’m finding out didn’t know with there were parts out there to fix it.

Cut the broken section and weld in new steel. Back half it behind the frame and build a new back section. Or just build a whole new frame.

Easiest solution plate the rusted parts and wait for it to rust through truck will probably be dead by then.

I would check boneyards for rear frame sections. Depending on where the rot is, you may be able to cut the frame like guys do when shortening from long to short bed, and weld the new section in at the factory location (with fishplates, of course).

The obvious other way to go is to look on car-part.com and buy a complete good-condition used frame, then swap everything over. Would be a long tedious process, but you'd have a complete truck again.

I'll dice up a frame any way you want!
Just tell me where and how much you need.

Mark.

Back