06 heads in my 99, what do i do?

DiEsElFeInE

Bleeding Diesel!
Got 06 headlights from a buddy who bought Recon heads for his 06. im looking to put them in my late 99.

what do i need to do? or look out for? i have a road armor front bumper idk if that will cause problems or not?

thnx in advance!
:ford:

you'll probably need a 05+ header panel i think, pm dalpilot, i think he's still got his 03 grill with 05+ headlights. Or check out powerstrokenation.com for more info, there should be a wealth of info on there.

You will need the 05-07 header panel, the new headlight housings to go in and then you will change the bulb adapters as well to fit i believe. Just something else to think about. (referring to the bulb sockets)

ok looking for guys that have done so i know exactly what i need so i can do this all in one day so i can get it back on the road!

You will need to get the Wire harness: Headlight Conversion Harness [50-917-8] - $85.00 : GOS Performance | High Performance Diesel Parts | Bozeman / Livingston, Montana, 800-620-4467 Or one similar.. if your good at wiring you could get the Pigtails from the dealer or at a salvage yard and splice them yourself. Next you will have too cut your header panel you have in your '99.. Its not too bad actually.. pretty easy.. then you will need 4 extra bolts/nuts to go on the top (2 each side) of the headlights, bottoms use the turn signal screws.

Here are pictures (Thanks too Jvencius) of what you will need to cut, including the small round "Donut" that extends forward from the fender:
P1010071.jpg

P1010072.jpg

Heres my '03 with The driver side installed after cutting my Header panel:
003-6.jpg

002-5.jpg

Last edited:
hey thanks Bobus!

i know Aden from GOS (he's and awesome guy) idk why i didnt call him about this dilemma sooner.

Back