06 libby

powerslide

anyone rolling a 06 libby crd? any better aftermarket t/c people suggest? i dont plan on putting any power adders on unless they help the reliability of the CRD it will be a daily driver.

lookin at one with 150k. not sure if they are like our dodge trucks and run forever or if i should stay away. opinions? i dont mind doing brakes and Ball Joints and more minor items but dont want to be swapping motors or any complicated procedures.

my sister has a 03 gasser and its ok. My wife wants a suv and this about the only diesel SUV i could afford and from what i read is ok on b100. Benz and the G/C is a lil more than i want to spend.

My significant other has an '05. Only 42K on it though.

Sun Coast has a good converter for them, but with no power adders or any current problem the stock one should be fine.

The 2.8's do run a long time, but make sure you check and see if the timing belt has been replaced. They are interference engines.... and the replacement interval is 100K.

They also have some known to have EGR valve issues (according to gurus) but I/We haven't experienced any issues yet.

Mileage isn't amazing. 21-26 mpg. We've only seen 26 once, so far...

Green Diesel Engineering knows all about these things. I recommend them. They offer replacement ECU's that can get mileage into the mid 30s and all but delete the EGR system!

appreciate the direction. I asked about the t/c because i read so many people having problems with them and if it does happen to go out i want to be prepared on where to get one better than stock. Also heard like you said EGR issues out the wazzzew i will check out that site and see what else i can learn. If anyone has one of these that is wanting to dump it im looking!!!

Another vote for GDE here. They're a bunch of cool guys and know their stuff on the CRD's. Do the emissions deletes and a tune and you'll see high 20mpg's easily.

Either the suncoast or the oem european converters solve that issue.

Back