06 seems kinda weak

HEAVYHITR

i've had this dodge for almost 1 yr now and just got the trans working desent . i've changed the exaust to no cat 4" full system, cold air system ,big intake and heater delete and h&s tuner but why does it feel so weak towing my 3 car hauler even on the wild tune ? its good on the highway cruising but up hills and around town feels weak .also notice at night alot of smoke out the exaust doesn't seem so bad in the daylight .i can see it in my mirror going up hills . how can i get alot more lowend power ? if i realy get into it it will boost to 30lbs but average cruising its lugging at 15-1800 rpm 15lbs boost . what can i do for some power ? lift pump help ? dual turbo's ? i need to do something ,this can't be normal .my 06 6.0 ford towed better !!

Is there any way to check ?the truck starts right up always (even with the heater delete) and idles smooth . my h&s tuner shows peak boost to 31lbs ,but mostly see it at 24-26 . if it shows boost ,doesn't that mean theres no leaks ? i sometimes hear like either pinging or injector rattle? but cruises nice on the highway ,it's mainly starting off and going up hills with a load of cars totle weight maybe 26-27000lbs . i pretty much tow on wild but i can switch it on the fly to mild but the egts don't really change none .if it starts getting around 12,000 then i roll off the throttle a little and it drops right down no problem .i bought a snow meth kit anybody try one ? i don't mind having the injectors changed ,but i'd hate to buy new ones and no change in power !
does anybody haul cars with a 5.9 ? i saw a guy with aford f350 towing 5 cars today in long island !!

U may want to check fuel PSI tht would be a easy check without spend a butt load of money on the injectors. My 06 smokes at night time also so i dont think tht is ur problem and mine just has a smarty on it, It will smoke with just the bare truck so i thk some of it could be low rail PSI or fuel PSI which all leads bck to the lift pump

U may want to check fuel PSI tht would be a easy check without spend a butt load of money on the injectors. My 06 smokes at night time also so i dont think tht is ur problem and mine just has a smarty on it, It will smoke with just the bare truck so i thk some of it could be low rail PSI or fuel PSI which all leads bck to the lift pump

My truck sleeps at night. If yours smokes at night you might want to break its habit to save fuel.

Its more of a haze tht u can see in the head lights. Plus i have to drive to work alot of times bc i work off shore to be at the air port lol

Its more of a haze tht u can see in the head lights. Plus i have to drive to work alot of times bc i work off shore to be at the air port lol

If you had read some of the OP's other posts here about the problems his trucks is having you might understand why I said the injectors are most likely the issue.

Just trying to help him out wasnt trying to say u didnt know wht u was talking about,but injectors could be the problem to but seems it would be harder to start if tht was the case too..

this thing never has any issues starting as cold as its been it starts instantly and has never stalled out . i just changed the fuel filter and that didn't make a diferance ,i just feel it should have a little more . the h&s tune in mild ,doesn't even feel noticable thats why i run it on wild . it has whatever comes when you buy it ,are you suposed to go to a website and get upgrades on these things ? i've been checking into the airdogs 165 is that what it needs ? just hate to have the injectors changed for no reason !

If i was u i would check the fuel psi bc if its low its making the rail psi drop off when u hold to it and it will make it seem weaker bc its not getting any fuel too build pressure which is a loss of power. If thts it yea i thk the air dog 165 would be plenty

It's always a good idea to put a good lift pump on it. Even stock truck benefit. The 165 or 150 will suit just fine.

What do you expect towing 27k pounds through hills? Stock turbo? on a wild tune? Whats done to the trans?

Just had the trans done ,imput and triple disc conv and goerend vb ,deep pan ,billet servo .

is it normal ? my 6.0 pulled better lowend ,i figured with the intake manifold and air kit and cat delete and h&s it would be at like 400 ? feels good without the trailer .

egt's sem to go high no matter what tune i put it on ! even stk ?

never noticed the high egt's until i put the exaust system on it .(i put that on last ) i thought gettin rid of the cat and a better flowing muffler would make the egt's drop ,but instead i noticed the oposite.

Like I said earlier. Get a better tuner such as smarty or efi.

Like I said earlier. Get a better tuner such as smarty or efi.

i must say ,if that efi gets rid of this damn throttle hangin up ,it might be the way to go .

i think next maybe the pump . then the tuner .

i must say ,if that efi gets rid of this damn throttle hangin up ,it might be the way to go .

Good thinking. And I second the efi.

There is no "if" or "might" about it. It's the only tuning option if you want longevity.

how much rail pressure should i have ?looking at my h&s its showing an avrg of 20lbs but will go as low as 16 and high as 25 . is this normal? towing to sc from ny and on the highway cruises nice .its the starting off the lights thats rough.9mpg doing 65 mph at 26000lbs . also no matter which setting im at even stk the egts seem to climb up until i roll off the throttle alittle .i try to keep them at 11oo deg ? is that safe ? thanks

A Completly stock CR will hit 1500 degrees under a load.

Back