06 VC on 03

wildman6bt

Diesel = Broke
I'm wondering if I can put a 06 valve cover on my 03. What is needed to do this or is it impossible? I think the 06 cover looks better than the 03 plastic piece. I searched here and google and no luck. Thanks

It will work. Just get the bolts to go along with it. And the CCV tubes. I have put the 06/07 VC's on 07.5+ 6.7's and 03-04.5's.

03-05 has the three plugs for the injector harness, which interfere with the 06+ valvecover. The two plugs on 06+ are offset for the spacer and cover.

06+
de346667.jpg

03-05
62634113.jpg

Engine wire harness is different.

Last edited:
Yes you can do it but need to run the 03-05 rocker box and re wire the injector harness, we do it quite often. Here's the one we put on Chris' (freezingsystems) 2012 Mega Cab

IMG_3093.jpg

Hmmm! Eric that looks sweet. I'd love to have a marine cover but they are to $$ for me right now. Stroke I didn't know the rocker box was different but new the harness was. Just wasn't sure what they looked like side by side.

The marine/industrial covers arent that expensive. Send Snedge a pm for pricing. Its less than $200 for everything. Unless you have all the 06 parts laying around, it would be cheaper and easier to run the marine cover.

The marine/industrial covers arent that expensive. Send Snedge a pm for pricing. Its less than $200 for everything. Unless you have all the 06 parts laying around, it would be cheaper and easier to run the marine cover.

^ Exactly. The marine cover's are less than $200 bucks. Having it polished or powdercoated will obviously add a little bit of cost but not too bad.
We were toying with making kits to ship out as a drop in replacement including everything need to run a marine cover on an 06+ truck, and including the rocker box, wiring stuff, valve cover, and having it all powdercoated whatever color you want, we came in at about $650 bucks total retail, but haven't spent any more time on it recently.

These guys have a kit. I wonder if Jeff could beat the price? Cummins Valve Covers

That kit is nice. It moves the breathers to the top, and plugs off the oil drain and stock breather hole. Plus it comes powder coated already. The breather for that cover is in the rear and its a very tight clearance with the firewall

Back