08 6.7 Brake/trans issues after DPF delete?

tcalvin

We've got a 2008 6.7 auto shop truck at work that was having dpf problems. Odo is around 150k, with a lot of idle time, so of course, everything was fool of soot.

I recommended H&S for the software. For some reason they purchased some sort of fooling kit which wasn't a programmer. My guess is they wanted to save money.

Anyway, they finished installing the deletes and foolers= no codes. However, when driving the truck the rear brakes try to lock up briefly at around 40mph. This happens intermittently at any mph above 40.

The transmission will not downshift with the button on the column shifter. Rpm's pulse up and down while coasting.

Also, we removed the foolers and loaded an H&S Xrt that I have access to and the truck still does exactly the same thing, again= no codes. I'm baffled, any help would be greatly appreciated.

may sound strange but the first thing i'd check is battery terminal connections and possibly swap batteries or at least have them checked

thats a lot of random problems that don't seem connected.. i smell gremlins

may sound strange but the first thing i'd check is battery terminal connections and possibly swap batteries or at least have them checked

thats a lot of random problems that don't seem connected.. i smell gremlins

It's worth a shot, I'm sure we've got some new batteries in the cage at work. I've never heard of anyone having this problem. I thought it may be trans related, but the rear brakes are definitley applying themselves somehow. When we stop the truck, after a short drive, they are quite warm.

you got me on the brakes.. stumped actually, might want to pull them apart and have a look-see

Back