08 F450 issue

01 smoke

learnin every day
I have a friend that is having issues with a 6.4 and I know nothing about 6.4s. I would be very thankful for any help you guys may have. Here is the issue she is having.

I have an 08 F450, 6.4. Engine light came on and it caps me at 65 mph. Won't let me go any faster. Did an oil change, fuel filter change, all that good stuff yesterday but still having same issue today. Any ideas??

This is all the info I have. Thanks

I am pretty sure the truck is all stock with no deletes.

Well she took the truck to the dealership and this is what she was told after they checked it out.

Okay, well here’s what they said…

I have a failed high pressure fuel pump. They’re not sure if I’m gonna need a complete new set up or just the harness.
They have to remove the cab, and it’s gonna be 16 hours of labor.
For a whole new system,…. $3229.74!!
If it’s just the harness…. $2144.74!!!

What do you guys think?

I think I like my 7.3 even more now.

Damn! Is all I gotta say. $3k +/- for a maybe... Maybe need to find a different dealer.

She just said it was a fueling code. She said that it didnt seem to have any power loss pulling a trailer but she never made it to the highway.

16 hrs is probably about right but ill check on alldata at work today and with fords ids program it should be fairly simple to tell if its a pump as you can test pressure vs. Rpm.

16 hrs is probably about right but ill check on alldata at work today and with fords ids program it should be fairly simple to tell if its a pump as you can test pressure vs. Rpm.

OK Thanks.

I may be driving from Wi. to Oh. late next week and can run some tests with IDS if you need. And if you are reasonably close to my route. I go thru Indy on the way to central OH.

I live just off of 70 about 30 min east of Indy but the truck is down close to Oxford OH. I will see what she wants to do. Thanks

Back