1/2 ton dodge project

The truck doesn't have any suspension components, does anyone know a lighter front suspension setup that would hold up well instead of using the 3/4 ton suspension?

1/2 ton suspension is about 50# lighter than 3/4.

The truck doesn't have any suspension components, does anyone know a lighter front suspension setup that would hold up well instead of using the 3/4 ton suspension?

My half ton has literally all stock front suspension in tack with a 12v. I would not use 3/4 tons parts more dead weight you don't need. As for fuel you could plate that pump back some until you can afford the bigger chargers then let it rip. It will help your EGTS too.

So just the 1/2 ton suspension with a Dana 60 would hold up fine

Also running dana 60. I striped the spool once but I believe it might have something to do with it being wrecked at 130mph. It has held well after rebuild so far and cutting 1.47 60ft.

Will you be running slicks? I don't think a 60 would hold up to that
CompD Mobile Device

EGT gauges do not belong in low budget race trucks. I could see running one temporarily to help trouble shoot a fueling problem but if I glanced down in the middle of a run and saw 1900*F, I don't think I'd lift.

I could see the benefit of running individual EGT gauges and a data logger on a higher $$$ project but on a budget racer, why waste the money?

Hey Mickey, doesn't isn't Darrans truck also running a 12mm pump?

Will you be running slicks? I don't think a 60 would hold up to that
CompD Mobile Device

I'll be running slicks, but don't know what size yet, since I haven't decided on what gears to use. I like how my /34 ton's 4.10s are with acceleration, but I'm topping it out in a few seconds with them

EGT gauges do not belong in low budget race trucks. I could see running one temporarily to help trouble shoot a fueling problem but if I glanced down in the middle of a run and saw 1900*F, I don't think I'd lift.

exactly! when I raced my 97 4x4 i was starting at 1200* so im sure i hit some pretty numbers but never lifted, not even when my turbo grenaded itself when i hit lock up in 3rd. I had that thing to the floor until it stalled from the lack of air.

exactly! when I raced my 97 4x4 i was starting at 1200* so im sure i hit some pretty numbers but never lifted, not even when my turbo grenaded itself when i hit lock up in 3rd. I had that thing to the floor until it stalled from the lack of air.

well thats just stupid

Back