1/4 mile times

Saber123316

got a 1997 ext cab long box 4x4

mods are intake straight pipe #0 plate 4k gsk stock clutch.

what should I be running in the 1/4 mile? :tree:

just curious.

I ran 15.3 on those mods on an automatic. I also have a 1997 ext. cab lng bed too. so I dont know exactly but 15.6 - 16.0 somewhere sounds about right

It all depends on how fast you can shift that puppy, and whether you can do 3rd gear launches or not.

I launch in second at like 3400rpm.

2nd 3rd is easy 3rd to 4th is really easy that 5th gear is such a long throw

Horsepower Calculator, calculate hp from et, trap speed, calculate tire diameter, mph and rear end ratio.

Considering the manual probably takes 50hp more to make the same time at your level I would expect times in the 16.5 range. Good luck getting the clutch to hold. I would make sure to get the clutch all the way out and fully engaged before you lay the power to it. You'll make up more time with the clutch not slipping.

When I ran my truck with just a plate I ran 17.2s when the clutch slipped and coasted through with a 16.7when it held.

Horsepower Calculator, calculate hp from et, trap speed, calculate tire diameter, mph and rear end ratio.

Considering the manual probably takes 50hp more to make the same time at your level I would expect times in the 16.5 range. Good luck getting the clutch to hold. I would make sure to get the clutch all the way out and fully engaged before you lay the power to it. You'll make up more time with the clutch not slipping.

When I ran my truck with just a plate I ran 17.2s when the clutch slipped and coasted through with a 16.7when it held.

ok so i used that hp/et calc. and i think its off but i could be wrong. now im not sure exactly what my trucks race weight is. but i had it dynoed and it was exactly 500hp and a little over 1000ft/lbs. 1027 to be exact. but if i plug in lets say 8200lbs and my trap speed is 110 is says im makin a touch over 740hp to the tires. and all i added since the dyno was a water meth kit from devils own. so either its way off or my guess on the weight is way off. but the only thing i take off the truck when i race it compared to when its stock is the tailgate and the spare tire

my beetle did a 16.2 just taking off in D, LOL i'm gonna try the 12V again with a lower PSI launch.

ok so i used that hp/et calc. and i think its off but i could be wrong. now im not sure exactly what my trucks race weight is. but i had it dynoed and it was exactly 500hp and a little over 1000ft/lbs. 1027 to be exact. but if i plug in lets say 8200lbs and my trap speed is 110 is says im makin a touch over 740hp to the tires. and all i added since the dyno was a water meth kit from devils own. so either its way off or my guess on the weight is way off. but the only thing i take off the truck when i race it compared to when its stock is the tailgate and the spare tire

That trap speed looks extremely high for thse mods!

8200lbs is a bit heavy, I would guess 7500 or so.

Your trap speed and ET sound accurate to me.

Back