1 air, 1 water?

UNBROKEN

Ezekiel 25:17
I'm moving my batteries to the rear of the frame, they currently reside side by side in the front driver side of the engine bay. Moving them to the frame will leave a rather large space to cram something totally unnecessary in their place....like a air to water IC. An ice filled IC to be exact.
I'm thinking when I want to play, fill it with ice and have some fun. When I'm just driving it seems like it'll just be another part of the plumbing and won't be detrimental to anything. The Hellmann IC that's in place now would remain in place, this would be plumbed in after it.

Yes it's extra work, no I probably wouldn't use it much...but would it make enough of a difference when I did use it to worry about throwing one in there?

I've heard it can damage w/a coolers if they get hot. Post CAC you will likely not run into this problem.

I don't see why you couldn't run a system that had a small radiator (trans cooler) and an ice box. Under normal daily driving you could run a pump and it would cool to ambient via the radiator, then when you want to go all out, fill the box with ice.

I don't see why you couldn't run a system that had a small radiator (trans cooler) and an ice box. Under normal daily driving you could run a pump and it would cool to ambient via the radiator, then when you want to go all out, fill the box with ice.

No plumbing...just an ice box with a drain...simple

IMO post primary would net the most gain. Huge PITA to pull off plumbing wise with it on the drivers side.

I've got a lot of real estate to play with in this Ford. I was thinking it would be even easier with the side draft manifold...almost a straight shot into the head.

I think it would be more hassle than it would be worth. You would turn 40-50lbs of ice into hot water in a matter of minutes.

Really? It won't stay cold?

I get that...that's why I said it would be for when I wanna play. At the track, on a dyno, etc.

Really? It won't stay cold?

I get that...that's why I said it would be for when I wanna play. At the track, on a dyno, etc.
All I'm saying is, seems like an awful lot of trouble for it to only work a few minutes at a time.

What style of core would you use? My setup is so full of 90*s I just can't imagine it would be worth much, even if it was full of ice water.

Then again, I've never been one to pass up the excuse to stuff something in the extra space under my hood.

All I'm saying is, seems like an awful lot of trouble for it to only work a few minutes at a time.

It's an awful lot of trouble to completely cut up and rebuild a perfectly good truck that I only drive on weekends once a month or so....but it's fun!

If building a sealed box why not swap ice for a spray bar with Co2? Just have to exhaust the expended gas out away for the engine bay. Maybe out the fender well?

As long as you always check it to make sure that the water has not evaporated, I would say go for it. It will not hurt any as far as I know, and when you want to play all you do is add ice.

Back