#10 plate or stock FF

Blown 5.9

GONE
hey guys im going to work on the truck tomar and im either going to grind my stock plate down to a# 10 or slide the stock plate FF and adjust the preboost screw , what would you do in my case ? i got a exhuast and 4000 gov springs thats it no gauges yet, my trans is ok now but has to last until april so thats while im skeptical after that ill be ordering a built trans from goerand .. so wut should i do ? thanks

I would read up on tuning your afc and grind stock plate to a #100 plate. Gauges!!!

since your silencer ring is gone your air flow is off the charts!!!!!!

yes all that whistle and heat will smoke that tranny........

save yourself a headache and a flaming and use the search button.........type in the word you are thinking about and start picking through info, you will be surprised how much you will pick up by reading whats been done 1000 times before

i did some searchin didnt find what i was looking for but i did come across a guy saying how hes tried numerous plates and the 100 plate was a great plate so i ground mine down to a #100 set it full floward and turned the starwheel a few turns and WOW i cant belive the diffrence:woohoo: the trucks exhuast tone changed tho at around 2500 to 3000 rpms with load it gets real loud and never did that before do you guys no why that is ? and the best part is im smokeless i was surpried how much power and how clean it ran thanks guys !

Different tone most likely to the added boost from the added fuel on top end.

One thing that will help you save the trans till you can get it built is this. When you drive it and are getting into the throttle when the trans shifts into 4th let up on the throttle some as it locks the tc then after the tc is locked get back in it. It will help the trans big time in making it to April.

i did some searchin didnt find what i was looking for but i did come across a guy saying how hes tried numerous plates and the 100 plate was a great plate so i ground mine down to a #100 set it full floward and turned the starwheel a few turns and WOW i cant belive the diffrence:woohoo: the trucks exhuast tone changed tho at around 2500 to 3000 rpms with load it gets real loud and never did that before do you guys no why that is ? and the best part is im smokeless i was surpried how much power and how clean it ran thanks guys !

You are probably hearing the exhaust go by the wastegate.

ok oh thanks guys yea i got to get around to getting my wastegate plugged and thanks for the advice on the trans it should be okay i wont be driving for the whole month of feb and half of march so alittle responsible driving should go along way.

Before you disable the waste gate, know that more boost doesn't always mean more air.

Blown 5.9,

The added air doesn't always mean cooler air----:doh:

I can tell you first hand about those Goerend tranny's.:clap:
They are the best & are backed by Dave who is the best !
I'm still running basically same trans since 01.:ft:

The plate I go with is the "0" plate. You can control the fuel with the right foot. Just keep the star wheel back so that the fuel doesn't overcome the air from the smaller turbo.

WAYNES WORLD

Back