100 Plate Question

Oilburner

Throttle = Stress Relief
First off I want to say this is been the best place for all out knowledge I have found on the P pump 12 valves!!! My 3K Gov. Springs are set properly now, Thanks Smokem!!!

I just built a set of twins for my truck and now I'm in the process of tuning and think I have learned why my EGTs were higher than I anticipated. Not enough fuel to drive the HT-60. After grinding my 100 plate to allow more travel I dropped 100 degrees and the truck ran better. My plans are to install some 191 dvs, Mack plug, and the main question here is how far can I grind on my plate for more travel?

I drag race this truck here in Boise and don't want to get too aggressive with the dv's for smoke reasons. Just now breaking in the track owners with the diesel drag racing and have been asked if the smoke can be tuned down. So my goal is to go as fast as possible w/out smoking the track out.

Thanks again to all the people with knowledge that are willing to share!!! Lon

Oilburner said:
First off I want to say this is been the best place for all out knowledge I have found on the P pump 12 valves!!! My 3K Gov. Springs are set properly now, Thanks Smokem!!!

I just built a set of twins for my truck and now I'm in the process of tuning and think I have learned why my EGTs were higher than I anticipated. Not enough fuel to drive the HT-60. After grinding my 100 plate to allow more travel I dropped 100 degrees and the truck ran better. My plans are to install some 191 dvs, Mack plug, and the main question here is how far can I grind on my plate for more travel?

I drag race this truck here in Boise and don't want to get too aggressive with the dv's for smoke reasons. Just now breaking in the track owners with the diesel drag racing and have been asked if the smoke can be tuned down. So my goal is to go as fast as possible w/out smoking the track out.

Thanks again to all the people with knowledge that are willing to share!!! Lon

Lon,

You can grind the plate to a 0 plate , BUT SMOKE CITY.
Don't go past a line drawn from the first rivet straight down.
The plate, Mack plug & DV's will be what the doctor ordered for those twins.
You will be dumping a lot of fuel into the motor.
What injectors are you using?
Be very careful if you still have the stock head gasket!:hehe:
What will you be using for timing?
Will you be planning studs ?
How is your trans?
Intake & exhaust?
One note of caution--$.02 , plan before you spend $$$$ it will save you both.:Cheer:

WAYNES WORLD

98 Dodge QCSB, 4x4, 12v, Hybrid 35/HT-60 Twins, ARP Studs, F1 EDM's, 3K GSK, 100 Plate, Timed @ 18, Auto by Western Performance Trans w/ IE Hard Parts.

Thinking of taking some timing out to make room for additional boost. Full throttle boosting to about 50psi and then climbing to a little over 55.

Oilburner,

If you get the too much smoke issue--------:hehe:

I turned my AFC Star Wheel way back to help around town, ie cops,:kick:

Just a thought-----:st:

WAYNES WORLD

WAYNES WORLD said:
Oilburner,

If you get the too much smoke issue--------:hehe:

I turned my AFC Star Wheel way back to help around town, ie cops,:kick:

Just a thought-----:st:

WAYNES WORLD

Thanks WW, I've got a set of 191's coming. We'll see what that does for me. Lon

Oilburner said:
Thanks WW, I've got a set of 191's coming. We'll see what that does for me. Lon

Oilburner,

I can tell you from experience & as soon as the ringing stops in my right ear from a certain female person who rides with me.:cheer:

The 191 will deliver the fuel, you may want a fuel pressure guage after that.

WAYNES WORLD

Back