1000 to win payout = poor turnout

wvtruckpuller

Thanks to all pullers who showed up for the pull. Also thanks to the workers & fans who came to the pull. A special thanks to all the sponsors.
Thanks to the diesel pullers who came for the 8050 diesel class. It is kind of depressing to see the small turnout of pullers when the purse was $1000.00 to win. I have heard all kinds of excuses about the rules. I guess the purse was too high. Maybe the pullers thought we were going to cut the purse. Maybe the ones who didn't show up were afraid about the tech. Kind of makes me wonder if an open diesel class would be better with $200.00 to win.

Thanks to all pullers who showed up for the pull. Also thanks to the workers & fans who came to the pull. A special thanks to all the sponsors.
Thanks to the diesel pullers who came for the 8050 diesel class. It is kind of depressing to see the small turnout of pullers when the purse was $1000.00 to win. I have heard all kinds of excuses about the rules. I guess the purse was too high. Maybe the pullers thought we were going to cut the purse. Maybe the ones who didn't show up were afraid about the tech. Kind of makes me wonder if an open diesel class would be better with $200.00 to win.

Did somebody take $1000.00 home?

New events are always tough. People are often leery of a first-time event, especially with rules that are viewed as a bit odd. I think you're seeing generally positive feedback about it though, and that's what you need.

With Indy and the FPP pull in Clarion late Saturday, I think it siphoned off a lot of good trucks who would have come.

I bet if you set the exact same thing up for next year on a more open date, I bet you get a ton of trucks. Don't throw in the towel.

Reason # 1: RULES
Reason # 2: RULES

I think you should have used more common rules, like a 26 inch hitch height, and allow duallys, less confusion on the bumper rule, flatbeds, ect. When someone has already worked out the bugs on there truck running a certain setup, they dont want to drive for miles and take a chance on a new setup (changing hitch heights, tires, ect).

Reason # 1: RULES
Reason # 2: RULES

I think you should have used more common rules, like a 26 inch hitch height, and allow duallys, less confusion on the bumper rule, flatbeds, ect. When someone has already worked out the bugs on there truck running a certain setup, they dont want to drive for miles and take a chance on a new setup (changing hitch heights, tires, ect).

I guess it paid off for the first place man.He changed his hitch ,drove 4 hours and took home 1,000 bucks.
I sent you a pm and told you that flat beds where OK. Now what's your excuse.
I had over 50 calls the 2 days before this pull and tech was the #1 question.Makes me wonder just how many trucks have legal 2.6 chargers.:rules:

I was at both the Buck and the pull on Sunday. I talked with several guys at the Buck trying to get them to come down but they all had excuses why they could not, some were legit, some were questionable.

I've been having tuning issues and looking for places to hook for testing. 4 1/2hr trip to the Buck.

We would have had to swap a twins for a 2.6 to come pull truck is also a dually, and I dont mind removing tires but Im not sure how the truck would do with single tires at who knows what psi to start, a 6 inch lower than normal hitch, and a different turbo. Im not at all faulting you or biatching ( incase it came off that way) but i just cant change that many variables and take a chance at the truck not pulling well 3 hours from home.

Last edited:
I didn't realize you had twins.:doh: Sorry for being so jumpy I'm just disapointed. I was really hoping to see 50 trucks. We had 34 at our local fair and you only won a trophy.

I think if you do this next year we can try to get the info out a little earlier, pick a date way in advance so folks can plan for it and guys that need to make changes have a few weeks to make them and test them if they like.

If you get it out early and maybe even make a 2.6 and 2.8 class and hopefully sponsors put money into it 2 classes I think it will be a successful event. Then it helps alot of guys who might have had to swap turbos etc.

I'll be glad to help in anyway if you need it.

Let's try to pick a date when nothing like Indy or any other big event is going on. What do you think of a Saturday all day event. Maybe truck show / swap meet during the AM and all diesel truck pull in the PM. What does it cost for a portable dyno(coops dept.):poke:

If I would have known before we planned the trip to Virginia, I would have been there.

Let's try to pick a date when nothing like Indy or any other big event is going on. What do you think of a Saturday all day event. Maybe truck show / swap meet during the AM and all diesel truck pull in the PM. What does it cost for a portable dyno(coops dept.):poke:

TNT is selling theirs but it cost nothing to promoters. they set it up and made their money by people paying $70 for 3 pulls.

and that sounds like a good idea

Now we're talking.:rockwoot:

TNT is selling theirs but it cost nothing to promoters. they set it up and made their money by people paying $70 for 3 pulls.

and that sounds like a good idea

:Cheer:

I agree if TNT hasn't sold the dyno by then I vote we ask them to come up. They would be my 1st choice for a moble Jet.

I tried to get an eastcoast event going a long time ago at Masondixon Dragway. Drags and dyno and swapmeet during the day and a pull at night. Elmer said insurance was the issue, so that shot that down. I thought it was a great idea being that Masondixon Draway has a decent pulling track with bleachers right beside the dragstrip....:bang

Back