11.53@117.61 mph on #2

Micheal Tomac

been pulling forever
Went to Mid Michigan Motorplex in Stanton, MI today in search of some 11.5's. After running 11.67 Friday night I knew the truck had a little more in it but I could only muster high 1.7X sixty foot times.

I hooked up better today and ran 11.60, 11.59, 11.58, 11.57, 11.53 with mph between 117.21 and 118.01. My best pass was 11.53@117.61 mph in the 1/4 and 7.38@95.21 in the 1/8 with a 1.67 sixty foot time on 285x75x16 BFG AT's

It's fun to be able to drive to the track and run 11.5's on fuel and then drive home. This truck would be a handful for 99% of the cars on the street unless their running around on slicks.

I guess I'm done dragracing for the season since I need a roll bar to go any faster and I don't want to put one in the pulling truck just yet...

Thanks to:
ATS Diesel
Pacific Performance Engineering
Kennedy Diesel
SoCalDiesel
EFI Live
Tony Burkhard - All Season Diesel Performance
Jim Tomac - Crew Cheif & Head Mechanic

Last edited:
Sweet. Sounds like the setup is doing great. I love the KD Race tune, it was dead nuts perfect on my truck for the 12.00 index class.

Great job on the awesome pass.

That's awesome Mike! We need to get you aquainted with Bruce, he could have towed you down, next time I guess.

wideopen said:
Way to go MT... very nice time and still streetable.

Mike, You bringing it to Houston this yr? Phil, what about you and JJJJon? Yall going to make it?

Mike, how often is this truck street driven? Do you take it to get pizza..daily driver? You pull wagons on the farm with it? What is streetable? Drive it once a year on the street? Please tell us how streetable the current setup is and how much you use it as a daily driver.

It's a daily driver to work and back (30 miles a day) in the spring, fall and winter when there isn't salt on the roads. I don't drive it alot during the summer if I have pulls during the week. I leave it setup for pulling so I can just load it up and head to a pull. Sometimes it stays in the trailer if there are pulls back to back or just a day or two apart. Besides, it's a little stiff driving around with overloads on, the springs clamped, shocks cranked up, rear tires pumped up hard, blocks at 1" of travel and the torsen bars down. It saves about 30 minutes of setup time if I trailer instead of drive to a pull.

I drove it to the track about 30 minutes away Friday night ran five 11 second passes, then drove to a restaurant afterwords and then drove it back home. On Sunday I drove over an hour to the track, stopped for fuel and ran thru the drive thru at McDonalds on the way. At the track I ran four 11.5X passes & 3 mid 11 second passes, then drove over an hour back home. Is that streetable enough?

Id say so. How much of your sled setup (traction bars etc) can you get "double duty" out of? Other than unclamping the springs, lowering the air pressure, cranking up the torsion bars, and pulling the blocks, do you change anything?

I run 315 BFG's for pulling, compared to 285's at the dragstip. I run the traction bars on the street and have run them on the strip but I usually remove them for racing because there built heavy for truck pulling. I remove one overload that I clamp on top of each spring pack that I use for pulling. I remove the front weight bar and adjustble pulling hitch. Sometimes I leave the adjustable blocks and rear bump stops on the truck for racing but sometimes I take them out.

no, he works for a company that makes test chambers for aerospace, government, nasa and other companies across the world

If MA doesn't get his act together he'll be looking for employment at Micky D's

:eek:wned:

Gentlemen....Please, let's keep this about racing times. You may pm the insults back and forth if you wish..:D

Back