12 valve one wire alternator

TheSilverBullet

All the correction factor
Looking for a self regulated one wire alternator. Can anyone steer me in a direction. Thanks

Why not just run an external regulator on the stock alternator? Its very easy to wire up... I've heard 1 wires dont work on these because they dont start charging until you hit 3k rpm's. Maybe they make one that will work, but thats just what ive been told.

There was a post somewhere here about three months ago that oulined using a ford regulator from NAPA, even included the PN#'s and ect. I was looking for the post but could not locate it, even walked you through the installation.

I went to Napa to get an external voltage regulator for my Rat Rod. The guy there told me about a voltage regulator that mounts inside of the alternator. you take the back cover of and it fits inside. I put one on the Rat and it works. It only requires 12+ keyed a ground and then the charging wire to the battery.

He did say that if using it on a truck equipped with a PCm that it would cause a check engine light. I believe it would be the same with an external voltage regulator anyhow.

I am very sorry that I don't have the part number or even a picture. I just slapped it in and threw the box away.

Just used a GM one wire alternator on my puller, asked for a 5 groove pulley, fabbed up mounting on it. Ill see if I can find a pic.

i used the ford ex. regulator when my pcm took a dump.cost like $12, took maybe 15min

Back