12v Cummins to Allison to NP273 parts

Bersaglieri

Ron Swanson's Brother
I am looking for conversion parts to bolt an Allison 1000 [GM Bellhousing] behind a 12v Cummins and in front of a NP273 in a Ford.

Adapter plate
Flexplate
Transfer case adapter
PCS / TCM
Crossmember
or anything else I maybe forgetting.

Thanks

I've heard good stuff from these guys:
CAConversions | Custom Automatic Conversions | Call 865-253-1133

I've thought about it myself, but the 68rfe is starting to get decent.

Right? I’m on the fence about ditching my dumb 48re for something that has an acceptable first gear ratio for towing. The problem I’ve read about in conversions is the stock computer learns and aftermarket computers don’t and that causes issues in the 68.

Sorry for the de-rail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wrestled between buying a 68RFE truck with the expectation of swapping to an Allison later or an Aisin truck. I went with the Aisin, so far so good. However, I am going to put the Allison into our Excursion and see how it goes. If it goes well it won't be my last Allison swap.

Since we are on the topic, what are the differences between Destroked and CAC systems? I think Destroked uses PCS. I have been talking to Jason @ transmissiontuner as well who uses EFIlive. I don't think I have got a return call from CAC yet, so not sure what they use.

I wrestled between buying a 68RFE truck with the expectation of swapping to an Allison later or an Aisin truck. I went with the Aisin, so far so good. However, I am going to put the Allison into our Excursion and see how it goes. If it goes well it won't be my last Allison swap.

Since we are on the topic, what are the differences between Destroked and CAC systems? I think Destroked uses PCS. I have been talking to Jason @ transmissiontuner as well who uses EFIlive. I don't think I have got a return call from CAC yet, so not sure what they use.

Pm sent

Not typically a single source. I mean Destroked/GOS, DCS, and CAC will $$$ell you everything, but for me it's better to piece it together. For instance I bought a DPC converter from pushlar84.

Still looking for an adapter and flexplate, I never got around to ordering.

Back