12v hard to restart

wildman6bt

Diesel = Broke
Alright guys you know how we all got to shut the truck off at drive thru cuz we are too noisy. Well mines always been hard to restart and it cranks over really slow and today at napa I went in to get some power service and went to start it back up and it cranks real hard and then no battery left at all. So I called someone to jump me and I pop the hood and see my passenger side battery negative terminal was melted in half. Lucky I was at napa I went and bought a new one and put it on and it fires right up. This dang truck is gonna kill me yet. Any ideas? O and I bought an extra terminal just in case lol.

Put a complete new ground cable on it and be sure to clean the frame/engine block where the cable fastens.

I'll clean the grounds up and see but I doubt that's the problem cuz I would always have trouble starting. It only gives me trouble when I go and restart it after a short period of time.

terminal melted due to corrosion "Bad contact" Clean all terminals really well. What fuel pressure are you running? I have seen trucks with those symptoms caused by pressure being to high.

No corrosion just melted. And I'm idling at 15psi and 25psi at 2000 rpm with stock lift pump and a ofv from tork technology. Idk why it melted first time for that but has always cranked over slow that's why I got a new ofv but no change.

Thanks guys. My battery cables are loose on driver side battery. I need to replace them can I get a positive battery cable from napa or do I need to get it from a dealer? Since the bolt to tighten has a stud for the other battery to connect to and the heater grid silenoids. I'm gonna get the battery checked since I'm fixing the cables just to be safe.

Back